Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sea Hawk II ????  (Read 18480 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: Sea Hawk II ????
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 10:08:52 PM »

Online ad yes, not Craigslist though.

Not Hypalon.  But it is in very good condition, and is air tight.  Its been holding the same air pressure for over a week now in my garage.  Couldn't be happier.  I have been looking and looking for just the right price, and found it.  I missed out on a couple others that crept up by not being around in time to buy it.

When one pops up that is priced well, go to see it QUICKLY, as it will get scooped up.

Or, don't be as cheap as me (lol), and grab a new one from Aquamarine in Richmond.  I think its about $650 for the same size as mine with the airfloor from there.  With a warranty and customer support.  I took a flyer on mine, with no recourse.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 01:49:26 PM »

If anyone is looking to buy one ,walmart ( Lougheed Mall ) has them for $ 120 .

FishOn36

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »

So I re tuned the Seahawk 2 to gorilla surplus yesterday, apparently the store owner came in sometime today to look at and make sure it was a manufacturer defect and not accidentally/intentionally caused. One of the employees just phoned me prior to posting this, stating that the owner confirmed that it's a defect and I can get another one or upgrade to the Intex Mariner for an extra $300 or so (it's $599) and the Seahawk 2 was $380 with tax. Instead of demanding my money back, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and upgrade to the Mariner. If anything goes wrong with it that's beyond my repair, I'll be kicking myself in the my friend LOL...ah well it's not the first time I've been screwed buying garbage quality products.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »

So instead of trying to get out of a relationship with a retailer that has PISS POOR customer service policy. 

You decide to do the opposite and invest MORE money with them? 

???

PT Barnum said it best.

FishOn36

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »

So instead of trying to get out of a relationship with a retailer that has PISS POOR customer service policy.  

You decide to do the opposite and invest MORE money with them?  

???

PT Barnum said it best.

Pretty much, I don't have the means to be running all over the countryside looking for another boat. The customer service there isn't exactly piss poor, it's just stupid how they don't offer refunds on returned items...it makes no sense in this day and age. It'll be the last time I deal with this store, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:54:26 PM by FishOn36 »

cooterdog

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 08:18:57 AM »

So I re tuned the Seahawk 2 to gorilla surplus yesterday, apparently the store owner came in sometime today to look at and make sure it was a manufacturer defect and not accidentally/intentionally caused. One of the employees just phoned me prior to posting this, stating that the owner confirmed that it's a defect and I can get another one or upgrade to the Intex Mariner for an extra $300 or so (it's $599) and the Seahawk 2 was $380 with tax. Instead of demanding my money back, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and upgrade to the Mariner. If anything goes wrong with it that's beyond my repair, I'll be kicking myself in the *** LOL...ah well it's not the first time I've been screwed buying garbage quality products.

Just curious how you like the Mariner if you got it?

FishOn36

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »

Just curious how you like the Mariner if you got it?

It's pretty good, would be excellent with an electric motor on it. I found that if you have three people in it on sitting on the provided seats, it's really awkward to paddle...ideally two people + gear. The extruded plastic floor is also a nice feature, it gives the boat a fair mount of rigidity. I wouldn't recommend trying to stand in it if you're a heavy person though! I'm actually considering possibly selling it, now that I've got into float tube fly fishing....it's a little more car-trunk friendly :)