Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help on choosing a wading jacket  (Read 1620 times)

slick vic

Need help on choosing a wading jacket
« on: May 07, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »

So I bought an Orvis Pro Guide wading jacket earlier this year. Couple of outings later I found there's a small defect on the buff so after contacting with the customer service, they wanted me to ship it back. They admit the defect and I have to say they have the best customer service I've ever experienced. Prompt responses after each email I sent. Unfortunately, instead of giving me a replacement, they refunded me money.  :-\

Now I have more than $300 which I'll spend toward a new wading jacket.
I've been choosing between LOOP Opti 3L and Simms Rivershed. I'm more in favor of the Simms one.
My only concern is the front zipper, on the website it says water-resistant zipper. So in case if there's a pouring rain, can the zipper keep the water away?

Thanks in advance for any inputs. Also looking for any good condition wading jackets if anyone willing to let go. I'm size M or L.

Dion or Rod,  I'm not sure if my post if appropriate to post here. Please feel free to move if need to.

Vic

brysonk

Re: Need help on choosing a wading jacket
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:33:46 AM »

I wouldn't go with the rivershed instead try a simms guide jacket. I bought mine for around 350 and absolutely love it. I don't think the rivershed has the neo cuffs to keep the water out.

slick vic

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:10:49 AM »

actually.............i'm too tired to search around. Just bought a G4 on ebay  :'( :'( :'(

Kenwee

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 08:56:26 AM »

You made the right choice. I have a G4 and it is absolutely a great product, tho I have not tried other makes, I can't say anything for them. The G4 has served me well, it is durable as I had it for almost a year and it is still as good as new.

slick vic

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 12:02:33 AM »

Yah, now I can't wait to try it on  :P

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »

You won't have long to wait, it's supposed to rain in the next day or two.