Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sockeye Opens In the Fraser  (Read 29443 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Sockeye Opens In the Fraser
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »

So your saying there is no illegal selling of salmon going by First Nations people ???

No I am not. Why are you putting words in my mouth that I haven't said?
Stop making silly inferences and assumptions.
Read what is written and don't look for hidden meanings because there aren't any.

Not all FN caught sockeye sold out there is illegal. If you buy it off the back of a pickup truck parked by the river in the August sun, then it probably is illegal. But if you know whom to ask, they will lead you to perfectly legitimate sockeye for sale caught in FN nets.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:32:53 AM by milo »

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 09:30:38 AM »

Quote from: minnie-me
Im a bit suprised by your comments Milo... Nothing like helping our FN brethren make an extra buck or two as their life is tough as it is.

Im willing to bet the bulk of cash goes to 5% of your "FN brethren" while the other 95% get nothing, there are "Classes" in all societies, your fooling yourself if you actually buy what your saying. IMHO

Let's agree to disagree on this one, bud. ;)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »

Nothing illegal about it. The gentleman in question has a quota that he can dispose of as he pleases.
And so do many other FN fishers.

Keep bashing the FNs without having the slightest idea about how things work.

I don't know where you got from my comment that I was "bashing" FN's.

The FN's have only had food and ceremonial openings. While they can "dispose of those fish as they please, it is illegal for them to exchange those fish for cash. You stated that you can get fish from your friendly FN neighbor for 10 bucks a piece.... That would be illegal.

My response was merely to protect you from posting an admission of guilt. But I guess it's too late for that...   ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »

Dude! I would not buy from a native even if it was the last dam salmon on earth! Thats how strongly i feel about this topic.FNs have it tough ???

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »

Very scary indeed, that they are already using the term TAC in salmon fishery notices. I really hope DFO does not make the same mistake twice and like halibut, start handing out quota to commercial on what is a common property.

I've understood that there was always a TAC on sockeye of approximately 3% of the catch. That's why I have trouble understanding why all the uproar about the halibut fishery where the sporties get 12% of the TAC.

While I agree the fisheries are a common property, how would the millions of Canadians across Canada that don't fish, get access to this resource if it wasn't for the allocation given to to the commercial sector??
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »

Dude! I would not buy from a native even if it was the last dam salmon on earth! Thats how strongly i feel about this topic.FNs have it tough ???

Yes, very tough.
So tough in fact that I am thankful not to be one of them.
But what would you know and care. You can't see beyond the sockeye. ::)

But in case there is a hint of intellectual curiosity in you, start here:

http://www.socialjustice.org/index.php?page=aboriginal-issues

My response was merely to protect you from posting an admission of guilt. But I guess it's too late for that...   ::)

Thanks for worrying about me.
Typing stuff on an internet forum is not admission of guilt.
It wouldn't fly in court.

Can you say for sure I am Milo?
Are you positive I even eat sockeye?
Have you seen me buying sockeye from FNs?

You are taking this a bit too seriously.
But I thank you, it sure makes for an entertaining morning on an otherwise dull day at work.  :)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:03:27 AM by milo »

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »

Dude.This is the last comment im going to make on this topic.Here goes...I see what goes on in this town(Chilliwack). Wake up! This is 2011! No one user group should get special priviledges! Status cards/Tax ememptions/Umlimited fishing opurtunities etc,etc.Get a job and earn a living and pay taxes like the rest of us. Oh, oh, oh, will they let us sporties keep a fish this yr...gee i dont know...were the last user group to fish, yet we generate the most income for the economy.Give me a break!!!!

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 10:18:37 AM »

You guys need to do some research before slamming Milo.

There different types of First Nations Fisheries including Communal and Economic Opportunities.

There are some First Nations members that hold Commercial Licenses as well.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »

You guys need to do some research before slamming Milo.

There different types of First Nations Fisheries including Communal and Economic Opportunities.

There are some First Nations members that hold Commercial Licenses as well.

I totally understand the difference. Todate there have not been any economic opportunities open to FN's, only ceremonial and food fishery opportunities. It is illegal for them to sell these fish.

There are FN's, Japanese, Caucasian and other individuals that own commercial licenses. They have had openings in the ocean and in the Fraser yesterday. No one is questioning a commercial operators right to sell his fish....

coho65

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »

LOL........this is way to funny.can you just imagine scale bar tomoro,wonder how many fights and stabbings there will be  :o . it'll make peg leg 2010 seem like a fishing spa   ::)  ;D

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »

Hey ricer, the Adams and the other systems you mentioned may be alive and well today, but we all know how fragile and precious our fishery resources are...

The Squamish was 'alive and we'll on august 4, 2005 but on august 6 2005 every last spawner was wiped out by a train spill containing caustic soda...that river will never recover to the way it was before

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »

Gotta love the MEAT mentality! LOL!
Glad I am on the Thompson my friend. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:20:40 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2011, 02:09:08 PM »

Hey ricer, the Adams and the other systems you mentioned may be alive and well today, but we all know how fragile and precious our fishery resources are...

The Squamish was 'alive and we'll on august 4, 2005 but on august 6 2005 every last spawner was wiped out by a train spill containing caustic soda...that river will never recover to the way it was before

and by the squamish river you of course mean the cheakamus.....
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »

Fishery notice now says fraser area 2 open untill further notice so looks like staying open longer than monday.