Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The HST vote - making a decision  (Read 125013 times)

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
Re: The HST vote - making a decision
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »

AF - The second video is funnier than the first.   ;D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2011, 08:04:27 AM »

AF - The second video is funnier than the first.   ;D

I thought so too!  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

DavidD

« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2011, 08:06:25 AM »

4. The HST benefits seniors - False
Seniors and people on fixed incomes are some of the hardest hit by the HST. A one time rebate of $175 if you vote in favour of their tax in exchange for paying it for the next 10-30 years of your retirement is a deal only a snake oil salesman would offer. Why take $175 when you can vote to cancel the HST and keep all your money? How dumb do they think we are?

Wowsers - I never knew that seniors NEVER had to pay taxes before the HST was implemented!!  ???

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »

According to a lot of voters in BC the small business owners are screwing the general public by getting the PST eliminated on business expenses and instead of passing those savings on to the consumers, they just add the money to their fat bank accounts!

I'm so confused...   is the ordinary Joe getting screwed or is it the small business owner??

Maybe Novabonker is correct when he continually repeats himself, saying that those lying Liberals are screwing everybody.....    ;D  ;D  ;D

When you find all of these great tax breaks I'm supposed to be getting can you please let me know !! My "fat" bank account could use a little plumping !!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2011, 09:18:22 AM »

My computer says it is not safe to download this link. ;D ;D ;D

You have my guarantee that it's very safe....    ;)

There are a few side effects, however they are all good.

It erases all references to Vanderzalm and the anti-HST gang from your computers memory!  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

DavidD

« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »

You have my guarantee that it's very safe....   

There are a few side effects, however they are all good.

Nice Read - points out even more things that Vanderzalm and company are omitting and basically mis-informing the public.  Makes me really wonder just what their agenda is really about.

BTW - the wording was simple and in typed large font - should be easy to read for the anti-hst group.  ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »

Can't wait to vote "yes". Has anybody recieved the card yet? The adds for the no side have pushed me to vote yes.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2011, 05:11:56 PM »

Can't wait to vote "yes". Has anybody recieved the card yet? The adds for the no side have pushed me to vote yes.
;D ;D ;D

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »

I have seen an easily deduced opinion on the internet, and I will follow in an identical manner for fear of using my own brain matter!!

Card, anybody?  The guy above me said "yes"!!!!
- John A.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2011, 07:43:19 AM »

According to a lot of voters in BC the small business owners are screwing the general public by getting the PST eliminated on business expenses and instead of passing those savings on to the consumers, they just add the money to their fat bank accounts!

More bull#$it See trophyhunter's posts. He's in the same pickle as me with numbers off.We Aren't alone as I know lots of folks in the same boat.Tell me oh, Great Swami - Where have you seen prices drop - in fact you won't and you can't because it's all smoke and mirrors and lies. But keep perpetuating the lies and soon everyone will believe them. If you choose to roll around the sty.....pretty soon you start to smell of the sty contents.

I'm so confused...   is the ordinary Joe getting screwed or is it the small business owner??

Maybe Novabonker is correct when he continually repeats himself, saying that those lying Liberals are screwing everybody.....  

I guess if you are really satisfied with proven, time and time again, LIARS, FIBBERS, BULL@$ITTERS, UNTRUTHS, ETC. than all is good. I have a different set of morals that aren't so low that one just accepts serial lies and liars as part of the politics of corporate greed.
TELL US ALL AF - ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE NEVER ENDING STREAM OF LIES? WHY? Does it suit your moral fiber or lack thereof? Should politicians not be held to account? Would or do you accept this kind of behavior from your employees?
And as far as continually repeating myself, take a long look in the mirror little buddy.I've heard the same bologna repeatedly from a certain source. Maybe, just maybe I'll wake a few people up from the koolaid coma and our province won't be run by con men and scam artists.Maybe one day politicians will be forced into telling the truth. Or maybe I should drink some of that HST Koolaid and just accept that lies are good for me.

And just one more - As a financial adviser, do you think you're clients would accept the same thing from you?

;D  ;D  ;D

And I noticed you sure got your tail kicked and then handed to you on the Tyee site. Now that was funny! ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:08:18 AM by Novabonker »
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2011, 08:41:49 AM »

And I noticed you sure got your tail kicked and then handed to you on the Tyee site. Now that was funny! ;D

Finally something we agree on Novabonker....   I thought the responses to my posts on the Tyee were funny as well! A short course in economics would help a few of them...

Reminds me of a little story I heard the other day, that can be related to the HST discussions;

A mother with 2 boys was trying to figure out how to give the boys some awful tasting medicine that the Doctor had prescribed for their ailment. The medicine was critical to their health so the mother disguised the taste of the medicine by mixing it with some orange juice which she knew they liked. They both drank it down and of course fully recovered. Years later she told them the story...

One of the boys thanked his mother for being creative in getting him to take his medicine and really appreciated that the medicine had cured him. Unfortunately in a fit of rage, the other boy vowed never to speak to his mother again. Angry that she had deceived him that way, he went on a campaign telling anyone that would listen, how his mother lied to him and that he could never trust her again..

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:05:56 AM by alwaysfishn »

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »

Finally something we agree on Novabonker....   I thought the responses to my posts on the Tyee were funny as well! A short course in economics would help a few of them...

Reminds me of a little story I heard the other day, that can be related to the HST discussions;

A mother with 2 boys was trying to figure out how to give the boys some awful tasting medicine that the Doctor had prescribed for their ailment. The medicine was critical to their health so the mother disguised the taste of the medicine by mixing it with some orange juice which she knew they liked. They both drank it down and of course fully recovered. Years later she told them the story...

One of the boys thanked his mother for being creative in getting him to take his medicine and really appreciated that the medicine had cured him. Unfortunately in a fit of rage, the other boy vowed never to speak to his mother again. Angry that she had deceived him that way, he went on a campaign telling anyone that would listen, how his mother lied to him and that he could never trust her again..

Does the second boy remind you of anyone, Novabonker??   ;D  ;D

hahahaha for me it was ginger-ale chasers!!

Also, just as somebody who has read this thread from back to front, hows about the major players in this agree to limit the personal attacks??  I understand that this is personal, and now that everybody's doing it, it's a lot harder to stop...I get that!!  But seriously, we're all mature enough (I hope) to put those aside - NB and AF, I trust you are both as competent in your respective careers as you claim to be, so let's leave that side out, yeah??  It just interferes with real debate.

J
- John A.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »

hahahaha for me it was ginger-ale chasers!!

Also, just as somebody who has read this thread from back to front, hows about the major players in this agree to limit the personal attacks??  I understand that this is personal, and now that everybody's doing it, it's a lot harder to stop...I get that!!  But seriously, we're all mature enough (I hope) to put those aside - NB and AF, I trust you are both as competent in your respective careers as you claim to be, so let's leave that side out, yeah??  It just interferes with real debate.

J

Point taken, I've removed the reference to Novabonker in my "bad medicine story"...  ;)