Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: shore fishing for Sturgeon  (Read 2521 times)

BCHunter

• Greenhorn Houndsman
shore fishing for Sturgeon
« on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »

i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for some shore fishing, i heard about areas in the Hope area but cant find where

thanks

kosanin kosher salt

Re: shore fishing for Sturgeon
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »

Brother anywhere along the Fraser will produce , In the north arm I've caught a couple 2/4 trips . Seems sturgeon like a little slower and not too shallow waters

Gone_Fishin_

Re: shore fishing for Sturgeon
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 07:36:57 AM »

i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for some shore fishing, i heard about areas in the Hope area but cant find where

thanks

Chilliwack. several locations along the fraser from shore.

Island 22, just after the concrete turns into gravel, theres an inlet on the right. Go down here but walk up and to the right about 50' where the concrete slabs go into the river. Its right behind the log home plant. Cast out and towards the head of the inlet to the left a bit. Have had some of my best sturgeon days fishing from here, careful as the bottom by shore is littered in those concrete chunks, theyll snap a leader right quick so i;ve found you need to keep the fish up the best you can. You can also go to the left point at this inlet as well and fish the tail out. Have had better success at top.

Jespersons is another location, but will require access either by walking the long way around from the boat launch, down and left around the corner. Or access through the dike which runs through private property. He is required though, to have the gate open for public access as it is a public dike system that runs through there. This whole strip can be good for sturgeon and many times youll see boats anchored in there, youll need to cast pretty far, and in order to fish this youll need to be right at the top of the hole as the current can be quite swift in the straight tail out section.

I have fished behind the dog park at island 22 from shore, but that was limited as now i own a boat for this. I think ppl call it the juggernaut section, long straight area just after the corner at the boat launch. You can fish the middle section from shore, dont bother with the upper as it is full of logs and will snag your gear. Mid-area produced a few fish for us.

A buddy of mine was pulling a few a day out of barrow town pump station a few weeks back. Go around over the dam and just into the mine area. Theres an old little boat lanuch right there at the entrance and far side of dam. I've personally caught a 6'+ fish here 2 years ago. My buddy has averaged 3-5' fish out of there.