Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Lures (Recycling)  (Read 2049 times)

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
New Lures (Recycling)
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:30:45 AM »

The other day I came across a new fishing lure company. The two things I like about them is that they A. are a Canadian company and B. they came up with a very unique way to recycle bottle caps. I have not tried out their lures yet but some of my American hunting and fishing friends have and they are very happy with these lures.

You can read more about the company and the lures they make here: http://outdoorswithothmarvohringer.blogspot.com/2006/06/unique-fishing-lures.html
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: New Lures (Recycling)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:11:55 AM »

My friend made up one of those last year and flogged the water with it, saying it will work, it will slay them, and there cheap to make. I agreed with the cheap to make part, as this guy used penny's before with a hook on them. Anyway here's the scoup (or poop) use a whole bent beer can as a flasher if you want to catch the big ones. :o
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 09:45:51 AM »

My friend made up one of those last year and flogged the water with it, saying it will work, it will slay them, and there cheap to make. I agreed with the cheap to make part, as this guy used penny's before with a hook on them. Anyway here's the scoup (or poop) use a whole bent beer can as a flasher if you want to catch the big ones. :o

Ah yes, but these lures are much more then just bent bottle tops. The lures can be had shaped into spoons,  rattlers and more. The company also offers to make custom lures for dealers.

Recently I have been looking into different smaller companies and private people making lures and it is just amazing what some folks come up with. I have found a private person in America who carves fishing lures that are unique. He started his hobby because he never could find the lure he wanted. Sometimes fishing success comes from using something very different then anybody else does. This is especially true for waters that see a lot of fishing and where the fish are "educated". ;)
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 07:50:37 AM »

I once got a good strike on an opener.

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 03:07:42 PM »

don't forget a couple of steel balls in there for weight and to rattle around.  I'm going to try this eventually.  Meantime it's another good reason to buy beer in bottles.