Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opening evening on the cutthroat beach June 6  (Read 1706 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Opening evening on the cutthroat beach June 6
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:41:25 PM »

Everyone's opening day holds promise. In my case, last night was my opening evening on my home beach for sea run cutthroat. Wondered how the fish fared over the winter and what promise tonight held for the upcoming season....?

When I hooked fish on cast #'s 3, 4 and 5 I knew it was going to be a good year. In the end, after only 1.25 hour fishing, I landed 3-4 fish (the biggest a nice 14-15" wild), hooked and lost another 8 or so and had countless strikes and follows. One fish smacked the lure just after it hit the water and before I had the chance to start my retrieve. Two others followed it in until they were a rod length away; one of which I swear I saw the white of the inside of his mouth as he took a swipe at it. Still others it was that notorious cutthroat tap, tap, tap in all the way with me poised to set the hook as soon as they committed.

Sunset in front of me, eagles calling behind me, a pod of aggressive cutthroat parked in front of me and not another angler in sight. Every other annual fishing experience pales in comparison. 

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: Opening evening on the cutthroat beach June 6
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 06:58:52 AM »

AHHH, it sounds so peaceful and tranquil...if you want to save on gas, maybe we can all carpool, there eh FF!?!

If you don't feel like sharing Clarki, I can absolutely appreciate that...nothing better than a productive AND secluded fishing hole.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 09:51:58 PM »

Sorry FF, you GOTTA know I can't answer THAT question. 

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 11:12:46 PM »

Hey may you can blind fold FF and take him  ;D ;D ;D