Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old rotting wooden boat - Rocky point  (Read 1682 times)

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
Old rotting wooden boat - Rocky point
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:16:38 AM »

I was out with the family this weekend getting by vitamin D fix.  We went out for a BBQ at rocky point in Port Moody. We found a spot in the shade just to the right of where the new water park is. On the edge of the water I noticed a old wooden construction, at first I thought is was some kind of wooden retaining wall, and then I walked over and noticed is was an old wooden boat that was falling apart and rotting. The craftsmanship was phenomenal, on the part that I could see. I tried looking for any identification but there is none.

Does anyone have any info on the boat. I tried researching on the net but can find nothing. Perhaps some of the old timers know what happened and why the boat is up on the sand.

I also noticed on the other side of the bay, there was an old building of some sort.. any info would be great.

In my serach i found a picture.
http://tshermer.net/Photography/RockyPoint/boatwreckA.htm
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:22:07 AM by Mabelingwane »
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: Old rotting wooden boat - Rocky point
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

that thing has been there forever. i think it crashed there in a storm and has been there ever since. not quite sure the dates and all, but its been there quite a while.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Old rotting wooden boat - Rocky point
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 12:07:34 AM »

My friend's dad's uncle worked on that boat. Ate too many Burrard inlet crab one night and you know the rest. Ran the boat aground from chemicals in the crab. :P Hear they're tasty now though :-X
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?