Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Down The Tube Again, Jan. 9  (Read 2409 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Vedder Down The Tube Again, Jan. 9
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:28:51 AM »

Headed out to try the Vedder this morning even though I had a feeling the lower would be in poor shape due to the continous rain all last night. At daylight my prediction was right as visibility was under a foot.

Not sure what the upper would be like but I just have see the Slesse gauge is starting to swing upwards so I imagine things will start to go downhill there shortly if it has not already done so.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Vedder Down The Tube Again, Jan. 9
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

Join the Club Chris. Just over 30 mm's here in Port last night, and so I decided against even going for a look at the Stamp, hate to get my hopes up, only to realize dissapointment (again!)

Is this Deluge EVER gonna end??  :'(

Wet, bored & housebound...
Nog

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »

Join the Club Chris. Just over 30 mm's here in Port last night, and so I decided against even going for a look at the Stamp, hate to get my hopes up, only to realize dissapointment (again!)

Is this Deluge EVER gonna end??  :'(

Wet, bored & housebound...
Nog
I am feeling exactly the same way Nog!!  I reeeaaalllyyy hope that I can get out on the weekend!  I'm already going into withdraw!! :-[  But I am looking forward to Roche Lake!! ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 05:43:00 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 05:32:47 PM »

yeah i was out yesterday and i am going nuts already  ;D hope she drops down

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 06:06:27 PM »

i went Friday and it was blown but i fished anyways..well i threw my line in...i had a great day checking out spots I've never tried but it was so blown i don't know what it will look like when it's normal.....i went about crazy sunday as i ended up going to the driving range and practiced fly casting instead...bought some stuff for tying minnow patterns, got home and realized i bought the wrong stuff...wife walks into my shop...stops and stares at my tying area...( i built up a bench and area's that i can hang all my hooks tying material etc...pretty much a whole bench)...and starts immediately b*tchin about how much time and money I'm spending on it...so it was pretty much a seriously crappy day all around...

allwaysfishin

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »

fished this morning hiking in the back side on my favorite little pocket on the upper. flow was fast and high and slesse was colouring the river to about mid ways across. couldn't tell from my side how much vis was in that coloured water but i had 18 inches diminishing to 12 when i packed it in. 2 steelhead, 1 wild buck and a nice 7/8 lbs hatchery doe this morning in the same pocket, 1 on the prawn'n'spin'n'glo and 1 on a 2 inch curly grub. I love fishing these kind of spots in high water, to the average guy, these look like nothing more than frothing rapids, yet in there are small pockets that are prime holding stops for steelhead. Hard part is hangin on while they buck through the big water once you hook em hehe. i should probably take a day off from fishing and put a day in at the job...... hmmmmm nahhh who's kidding... gonna hit that pocket again tomorrow.   ;D