Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish  (Read 3653 times)

Britguy

• Old Timer
Squamish
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »

Hi folks
i am looking to wet a fly with a fellow Brit that is visiting this great Country
He is staying in Squamish so I said i would hook up with him and show him some spots to fish
I know of a few areas up there but not sure what will be best to fish for right now
He will be returning again in September and i just want to show him some spots to try out
any help will do- you can email me
I am not looking for hot spots just some guidance
Thanks

dan-o

Re: Squamish
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:15:27 AM »

hi,

i am a squamish local but have been gone for five weeks and just getting back to it tomorrow. the rivers can be tricky depending on the weather. i should be able to get you some good info after the next few days of hitting my favourite spots. fry patterns are a good go to right now but a wolly bugger always seems to catch the eye off a few bull trout. the checkamus is easy access between sun wolf center and second bridge and offers good fishing if you cover some water. as i said, i will on the river for the next week so send a message if you need some hints or a third on river.

dan

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:30:07 AM »

Britguy - dont forget to try the Cheakamus as well. I would target steelies myself because Bulls will hit steelhead flies if they are around  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

dan-o

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »

hi,

fished yesterday and the squamish is in great shape with good visability  most guys are fishing higher up on the system. there were a few big steelies pulled out of the cheakamus as well, one at 22 pounds.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:39:49 PM »

hi,

fished yesterday and the squamish is in great shape with good visability  most guys are fishing higher up on the system. there were a few big steelies pulled out of the cheakamus as well, one at 22 pounds.

How's the drive on the gravel road? Still covered in snow? Thanks for the updates dan-o. :)

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »

Thanks for all the help guys
I did say you could email me and that i was not looking for hot spots
I am going to have to give it a miss in the morning as my ribs are still sore :'(
but hope to get up there soon :)

dan-o

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 05:58:47 AM »

drive up the road is snow free for the most of it, great access. its funny, when i lived in vancouver it was enough to drive the hour to fish squamish. now i live in squamish i am finding myself driving an hour still. i guess the grass is always greener on on other side and the fish are just a few more kilometers up the river.

purplehelmet

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 12:48:06 PM »

Anymore updates?   ??? 

thx in advance...
It's NOT good for the smoker!