Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uculet??  (Read 4283 times)

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
Uculet??
« on: August 12, 2004, 02:09:08 PM »

Heading out on the Canadian Princess for some ocean fishing, Salmon one day halibut the next!  Has anyone heard any reports from out there?  Looking forward to the trip. Guess the coho are out there and you can keep them there.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re:Uculet??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 02:11:29 PM »

http://www.canadianprincess.com/

Good luck, bring your seasick pills !

scottm

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 03:04:15 PM »

Hey Big Guy i went July17/18 and we went with a private guide we got our limit on everything coho,chinookand halibut.When we were there, there were guys watching our guide clean our fish and ask if he would be able to take them out.We asked them how they did and they said they booked a trip with Canadian Princess and they didn't get one hook up and there were 22 rods in the water with very little action.It was my first time there and when i go back next year i will book with him for sure.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 03:30:48 PM »

Apparently the west side is awsome this year.

bigguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 10:44:09 PM »

Can only afford the princess, have had good luck with them before!   Will take lots of gravel!!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 11:09:07 PM »

If you can afford it take a cabin on shore rather than stay onboard the Canadian Princess. The cabins are small and you'll be serenaded by loud noises all night. Never again ! Hope you have calm seas and hungry fishes !

JustinG

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 07:20:36 AM »

Hey BigGuy,
We just came back from a trip to the west coast and the guys I went with were in Uculet the week before. Apparently they could have had their limits in springs in an hour (so they say).  Needless to say, their arms were quite sore by the first day with numerous C&Rs.

I got to hear all thier stories over three days in Bamfield which was considerably slower than last year at the same time. We ended up taking home 12 fish in total out of 3 guys. It was still a blast and beats the local water hands down.
Good luck!
Justin.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 07:52:55 AM »

went on the same fishing excursion as you are about to two weeks ago. every body even the deck hands got there limits of halibuts. The rollers when of shore fishing are huge. As for salmon we got our limits but had to work a little harder for them. The halibuts were averaging around 15 -20 pound range.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 08:03:37 AM »

Watch out for the crowds Bigguy!  I've heard that the other boats will come as close as a 1/4 mile ;D  Not quite like Peg Leg ;) GLOTW

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 08:47:42 AM »

when we were halibut jigging we were 22 miles off shore ,watch out for the other boats they may try to crowd you, if you can see another boat between the swells.

bigguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 04:53:21 PM »

Well if it is that crowded I might as well stay in Merritt and lake fish!! ;) ;D   Been there twice before just not sure how the fishing has been this year! I load up on graval!  I aint getting sick even if I am sleepy!