Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evolution of Rotational Fishing - For Nicole  (Read 1637 times)

greybark

Evolution of Rotational Fishing - For Nicole
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:58:38 PM »

;D  Hey Nicole , I went to the Vedder just after posting on your thread about The Evolution ofRotational Fishing . Being a bit lasy and wanting a bit of exercise and fresh air I headed to the Boom Sticks and was the only one there with a friend fishing across from me . After carefully manageing the strewn rocks and boulders I fished my way to a flat rock that stuck out a ways into the river . After a while I turned to leave and lost my balance and fell into the 8 ft deep water doing what can be described as my first "Half Rotation" . The first thing I noticed was my newly aquired rod and IMW reel sinking in the swirling water . I reached out and down about 18 in and grabbed the rod turned around (My Second Half Rotation) and swam about 6 ft of water to the large rocks on shore . The currant swung me off the first rock (another Full Rotation ) before sticking on one . After climbing out on shore I had trouble standpng up and realized my Vedder Vest was full of water . I raced home and a hot shower and feel tired but OK .  ;D Jus a few bruises on ny legs and all me teeth are sore .
 ;) What till my Doctor reads my Pacemaker print out LOL . By the way no Steelhead were spotted.
 ;DLife is good and different Rotations eh Nicole LOL.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:01:05 PM by greybark »

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Evolution of Rotational Fishing - For Nicole
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:08:42 PM »

Greybark thats so hilarious!!! Good to hear you're okay, but the pacemaker print out is a little worriesome.Sore teeth. :D :D Take care Greybark.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »

Hey Grey bark: glad to see things worked out okay. Just a note for everyone young and old to be careful out there when wading in the river.  If you take a tumble in the Vedder with the cold water temperature, it would not take long before hypothermia would kick in, and that is bad news all around. Anyhow sounds like everything worked out for the best, take care.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:03:56 PM »

I hope you didn't have far to drive.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »

Holy crap that is more like gymnastic angling!!

Glad to hear you're okay...

:o
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin