Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Holiday to Vancouver BC  (Read 5231 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Holiday to Vancouver BC
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »

Dennyman has a good point. I'm not sure which guided trips cost $700/day, because that's a lot higher than the average cost of most Fraser Valley guided trip.

Take STS Guiding Service for example, I just put this up today:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/fishy_news/091217-1.html

It maybe a good idea to have one guided trip/course, gather as much information from the guide/instructor as possible, then return for future trips alone.

Exploring on your own is always a good way to go, but if time is a factor, then the above option is worth to be considered.
Gosh and I guide you to all the hot spots for free, including breakfast at Cookies. No wonder I have to pick up tins and bottles. ;D ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 09:25:49 AM »

Gosh and I guide you to all the hot spots for free, including breakfast at Cookies. No wonder I have to pick up tins and bottles. ;D ;D ;D

Cheap clients, cannot expect much from them. :-[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 01:46:23 PM »

Paul, I just revisited the thread and took a look at the link that you provided. The spot that you suggested is not a good place to park or access to the river.

The main access points to the lower section of the Chilliwack River are Keith Wilson Bridge, No. 3 Road bend parking lot, Bergman Road parking lot, Lickman Road parking lot, Peach Road parking lot, the Vedder River Campground, Vedder Crossing. These are access points, not necessarily good fishing spots. They can also be crowded at times due to the easy access. If you end up visiting the river alone, my advice would be to park your car at any of these spots, and walk up or downstream from the spots to explore and find more suitable, uncrowded spots, which are usually more productive. If you choose to speyfish/flyfish, the lower section of the river (downstream from the Vedder Crossing) is best.

Depending on weather and river conditions, spots for speyfishing maybe limited if the water is too coloured, or too high, or both.

Happy Clam

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »

Ronley, Thanks! For safety reason, I think I may have a guide for the trip.
The Pitt river seems too expensive and I'll consider less remote rivers.