Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sturgeon hazard in florida river  (Read 1541 times)

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
sturgeon hazard in florida river
« on: July 16, 2007, 03:02:56 PM »

i don't know if anyone saw the usa news last week where they reported that people in the swanny river in florida are really upset because there are so many sturgeon jumping in the river and it has become a hazard for boaters. apparently there are so many sturgeon jumping that water recreationist are running in to them as they jump. did anyone else see this report and wonder how stupid people can be.
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: sturgeon hazard in florida river
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »

Not something you want in the face.They want to get "rid " of all the sturgeon now "cause theys dangerous". Here's the link:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3375111&page=1
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:50:03 PM by troutbreath »
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
Re: sturgeon hazard in florida river
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:57:45 PM »

sounds dangerous but whats more important....protecting a species that is at risk and has been around since the dinosaur ages or allowing jet boaters and boaters to speed around in a habitat that has been around much longer. personally if we had that problem over here i am pretty sure that we wouldn't be complaining about not being able to boat in the river but celebrating the fact that these spectacular fish are abundant and visable for all to view.
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!