Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spey gathering planned  (Read 5480 times)

Prettyfly

• I have a website..
Spey gathering planned
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:52:48 AM »

Hi everyone. I don't know if you've heard but here is a copy and paste from a different forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speyclave in BC

Hi Everybody,
Back again, i have spoken to the people who were sponsoring the speyclave in BC and we have decided to move the speyclave to another date, i have spoken to the guy's and they are still up for it and most importantly the sponsors still want it to go ahead, they will help with the cost of a couple of the guy's flights ,accomodation ect.
This is the only way i can finance the clave, and make it happen, but in fairness to Aaron i have decided to have the speyclave on the weekend of the 22nd-23rd Oct, this way it will not clash with any other.
I am limited to this date because Scott (Mackenzie) and Gordon Armstrong, are working on the Ness til the 15th of Oct, and these are two of the guy's i would like to have most at the clave, and a couple of the guy's from the River Spey,are on holiday til the 12th Oct.
So there you have it, Oct the 22nd- 23rd.
I will post details of who's going to be there and doing what, as soon as i can.
Cheers Gordon (speyghillie)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I've read somewhere that they're planning on offering lessons for spey casters of all levels in addition to demos. Don't quote me on that tho. I'm pretty excited about this and am glad that it is going to happen. If you don't know who Scott Mackenzie and Gordon Armstrong are, they are the #1 and 2 champion spey casters in the world. They aren't champion spey casters for nothing either, they both work the rivers in scotland as ghillies and instructors. Gordon (speyghillie) a ghillie and instructor as well, is a lexicon of information all things Alexander Grant. He knows more about the Grant style "Planet Cast" than anyone as he is privy to resources not available to the general public.

The reason I'm so excited is Gordon has mentioned the possibility of having a female champion attend. I sure hope this will happen.

~They were displaced. Their use of the land and history as a people, such as it was known, was appropriated and used to advance competing European territorial interests.

~You've lived a life of privilage, one that was garnered by GREEDY thieves.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Spey gathering planned
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »

Prettyfly do you have a link of where that info is from?

There will be a spey clave in Chilliwack on Sunday March 5th. Anglers West will have more information later on.

Prettyfly

• I have a website..
~They were displaced. Their use of the land and history as a people, such as it was known, was appropriated and used to advance competing European territorial interests.

~You've lived a life of privilage, one that was garnered by GREEDY thieves.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 11:30:16 AM »

Thanks. :)

speyghillie

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 01:37:16 PM »

Hi Prettyfly,
 As you stated i will be having a spey gathering in BC in Oct, i had to change the dates as it clashed with another speyclave, it's early days but i have got Scott Mackenzie and Gordon Armstrong as well as another 6 or seven guy's including a couple of guy's that ghillie/guide on the river Spey.
 I know its very early, but i have to get a date down as Scott and Gordon have a number of competitions around the world to go to, they are the number one and two in the world at distance casting, they will demo ness style casting. Scott is the world record holder, and has never been beaten.
But the gathering will not be about distance casting, it will cover all styles of casting , all the guy's and hopefully lady, are great instructors .
But more than anything i hope it will be a good fun weekend, i am not able to post the full details at the moment, but its getting there, and its going to be FREE, not a word a Scotsman like to say to often. :)
 Cheers Gordon (speyghillie).

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 03:18:52 PM »

The thought of swinging my 100 year old, 18FT Greenhart makes my back hurt again.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

speyghillie

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »

Hi Newsman,
Sounds painful to me, but remember Alexander Grant was only a little guy 5ft 7in, there is a way to cast greenhart, and its easy, just a different style, there will be loads of new Speycasting stuff there, i know , i've seen some of it.
Come along if you can, i really hope it will be fun with no bull***t, as it should be.
 Gordon.