Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Juniors Looking Good So Far  (Read 6584 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Juniors Looking Good So Far
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »

Ahead 1-0 after one. We are cheering on #11 Zack Boychuk related through my wife's aunt.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Juniors Looking Good So Far
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »

Yup but it could easily be 3-0 if they buried their chances.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »

Got to keep out on the sin bin, great goaltending playing short handed a good part of period 2 kept in the contest. Lets get a goal on our power play to start the 3 frame.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »

2 empty net goals makes it a final. 5-1

They were very lucky as they were taking penalty after penalty.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »

Good thing Tolkarski saved his best for last...a stellar performance on his behalf!  Cody Hodgson was spectacular as well.  Esposito also played his best game of the tourney.  That was some goal he scored to put the Canadians up 2 zip!

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »

Great to see our young fellas pull it off again,all the championships are awesome afterall it is OUR game ,but it sure would be nice to see some of these  other countries improve enough to enhance the competition throughout the tournament.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 08:51:02 PM »

Hedman vs. Tavares. Is there any doubt who the number 1 pick is going to be ?

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »

An interesting fact I heard on the TEAM 1040 today is that the gold medal Junior game haas been the most watched sport in North America the last few years...higher than a Stanley Cup final, more than a Grey Cup and even the Super Bowl.  TSN has done a good job for this tournament that was totally off the radar back in the early nineties.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »

An interesting fact I heard on the TEAM 1040 today is that the gold medal Junior game haas been the most watched sport in North America the last few years...higher than a Stanley Cup final, more than a Grey Cup and even the Super Bowl.  TSN has done a good job for this tournament that was totally off the radar back in the early nineties.

Thats not true. Maybe more than the Grey Cup ( not hard to do ) maybe more than the Stanley Cup finals but your dreaming if you think a bunch of Americans are watching the Gold medal game between Sweden and Canada....... Especially more than the Super Bowl thats hilarious. 97.5 million people watched the Super Bowl last year. Thats 3 times the population of Canada. Thanks for the laugh though.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »

That's what I heard...I thought it sounded strange, too, regarding the Super Bowl.  Maybe I heard it wrong...maybe it was for Canada only or maybe it was for all countries tuning in for the game.  Who knows how many Europeans watch the game?  Could be in tyhe high millions??  I'll check with the station tomorrow to find out exactly what they said..... because now I'm really curious.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 12:16:03 AM »

I think TSN broadcasts the game very well. I'm tired of watching hockey on Sportsnet; the announcers are boring and the camera work sucks. I'd love to see more Canucks games on TSN. Only thing I don't like is Pierre Maguire.

The game was great. Love seeing the hits and the great skill but I have to question all the running of the goalie. I realize that he embellished most of the hits but I still find it questionable having the Canadian players run the best goalie of the tourney all game. It was obviously in the game plan to get him off his rocker (and it worked). I just don't feel that's what this tournament is about.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »

I think TSN broadcasts the game very well. I'm tired of watching hockey on Sportsnet; the announcers are boring and the camera work sucks. I'd love to see more Canucks games on TSN. Only thing I don't like is Pierre Maguire.

The game was great. Love seeing the hits and the great skill but I have to question all the running of the goalie. I realize that he embellished most of the hits but I still find it questionable having the Canadian players run the best goalie of the tourney all game. It was obviously in the game plan to get him off his rocker (and it worked). I just don't feel that's what this tournament is about.

God i HATE Pierre Maguire, the guy is a goof, all his talk about monsters, you just want to punch him after he says something
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »

You nailed it. He's the only reason why I don't like TSN. Great game and thats 5 straight. I love Junior hockey almost more then the NHL as the game is so much more physical and you don't get the floaters. Lets go for 6 :)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »

i heard that there were over 3 million viewers fo the gold medal game.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 10:10:51 PM »

i heard that there were over 3 million viewers fo the gold medal game.

That sounds about right. Pretty close to 97.5 million though Mastercaster only 94.5 million off LOL

I just looked it up myself

3.7 million

Here is the story
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2009/06/c5565.html

Belong to the "4 F Club"