Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 299761 times)

mikeyman

I caught 2 coho and a wild steelhead on derby day last year. One coho was still silver like that one.

Gabo

• Fish On!

SilverChaser

Pretty good dump of snow here in Chilliwack this morning. If I can get the truck off the hill, i'll go pound the river for a bit.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Every Day

• Old Timer

Snowing hard up in the Valley, and sticking to the road. Snow on the road all the way down to tamihi, as well as extremely heavy snowfall building up/sticking well as of 2:00 pm. There was around 3 inches already in the upper areas between Thurston and the hatchery.

Chilliwack is snowing, but not sticking well.

Water conditions up around Allison were 3 feet up best. Ranger slide is puking. Water above ranger run is around 6 feet of vis and a steelhead green. Below Allison was maybe 2 feet, and fairly grey.

Nicolas The Fisherman

Visibility was good on the lower this morning. Must have degraded as the day went on. It was a peaceful day to be out on the river. You can read my report under the reports section. Anyways, Merry Christmas to everyone!

fishallday

The lower was a little milky today but better then it has been
life's short stunt it

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

fished lower till around 3 pm. couple of bulls but no steel. vis was around 2 to 3 feet. i think if temps hold on the low side it will good for boxing day. very few anglers out today which was nice.

SilverChaser

Quick question: What kind and size of float do you fish? I love these Freds Custom Tackle floats, but they sit so tall in the water that i'm wondering if sometimes i'm missing gentle takes? Maybe time to switch it up.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Quick question: What kind and size of float do you fish? I love these Freds Custom Tackle floats, but they sit so tall in the water that i'm wondering if sometimes i'm missing gentle takes? Maybe time to switch it up.
Just add a little more weight.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

You're either using to big a float for your setup, or if you're having trouble casting you just need to add more weight. You just want the coloured top poking out of the water, but not too much that some light chop makes it dive.

SilverChaser

Got the Islander Steelheader Centerpin in the Blue colourway.... parents really outdid themselves again by spoiling me. Blessed. A Merry Christmas to all the members of FWR; have a good day. Make sure you get to bed early for the derby tomorrow morning  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions looked good this AM, hope it hold for the derby tomorrow.

mikeyman

Hope so to...going to beach tonight to get some bugs...been awhile since weighed one in.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 12:15:43 AM by mikeyman »

fishallday

its going to be a good day
life's short stunt it

Twitchy

Lots of rods out there today. More fisherman than fish. Hope some people got lucky.