Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 299239 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Get a job with shift work and stop complaining!
I'm just joshin ya but the weekend warriors really have had the shaft in terms of conditions.
Or so I hear, I don't fish weekends  ;)

milo

• Old Timer

You weekend warriors have really got the shaft this year.... ;D :P

You can say that again.
I often work Monday to Saturday and Sunday is the only day I can fish for sure. Well, let me just say that there were very few Sundays since October with the river being in decent shape for me to fish it. Just for the record, "decent" in my books is 1 foot viz or more.
Of course, there are some who can fish in zero visibility because they "know how to fish in such conditions".  ::)

nevertoolate

I have never found weekends to be much different out there.  Maybe a lot of people avoid weekends because they think its going to be crowded.  Might be the best time to go.   Whatever - I would just like to say categorically that the absolute WORST day to go out there is a tuesday.  If I were you I would never ever go on a tuesday.  Trust me.  Dont go on Tuesday.  (please)

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

Of course, there are some who can fish in zero visibility because they "know how to fish in such conditions".  ::)
You must have a crush on good ol Johnny Canuck Milo! He seems to be always on your mind! Sweet dreams!  :-*

milo what version of "You are always on my mind" do you prefer, Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson or the Pet Shop Boys when you think of Johnny?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:13:35 PM by greyghost »
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

milo

• Old Timer

You must have a crush on good ol Johnny Canuck Milo! He seems to be always on your mind! Sweet dreams!  :-*

milo what version of "You are always on my mind" do you prefer, Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson or the Pet Shop Boys when you think of Johnny?

Not always...only when the river is running chocolate brown.
But since you asked, I am old school and not much into country music, so will stick with Elvis. ;)

mikeyman

Ya don't go tues...or wed...only the best days after letting pressure settle and more fresh fish push in...not!

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Ya don't go tues...or wed...only the best days after letting pressure settle and more fresh fish push in...not!

Shhhhhh! Don't tell the Warriors about the secret push of fish on Wednesday's where we all gather at Peach Rd at 930am with our clipped fish and tell stories about the brutes we had to sort through at day break. LMAO.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Get a job with shift work and stop complaining!
I'm just joshin ya but the weekend warriors really have had the shaft in terms of conditions.
Or so I hear, I don't fish weekends  ;)
I'm retired bud. Keep working and contributing to my pension...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:53:07 PM by Wiseguy »

mvelasco

Lol! At the weekend. I've fished a Saturday maybe twice in 8 years. Hooray for my line of work! On another note hopefully the river gets to ideal conditions  in the next week or so!

joshhowat

Ya because fish don't bite on the weekends right???
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Well, that's certainly been my experience;)

Floater

• Old Timer

AH the old "you should have been here yesterday" fish story lol.
[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River at Lickman was poor this AM when I stopped by.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

upper was 2-3 feet. vedder crossing prob 10" when i left at 3. no fish for us today. lots of water.

bobby b

No go pro....so here is my running commentary...

Had another late afternoon epic battle yesterday with a huge Steelhead doe.  It hammered down hard on my offering, then run straight for the deep fast current. Pulled me along with it down stream , heading right into the tailout and over the riffle.... after which it got into and under the roots of a tree that had fallen into the river....NOOOOOOOOO!!!! .... I actually managed to get it out of there and the fight was on again.... YEAHHHH...... then it dove right under the roots again.....line tangled up....NOOOOOO..... I got right up to her.....she laid over on her side, beautiful hatchery Doe, just a bit of pink blush on the cheeks....with my free hand I grabbed the tail ( could barely fit my hand around it ) ... and with a great big head shake she broke off and was gone, no way I could hang on to her....NOOOOOOOO.....     

Was a great battle .....  I was completely out of breath and just stunned.  It was at least 15lb if not more.... definitely a derby contender.

So alas..... I have still to actually catch my first Steelhead ever......

Could not stop thinking about it all night. So wish I was not working today.  :o

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:43:51 AM by bobby b »