Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 299234 times)

Blackrt03

X2

CurrySonic

Kinda hard to see but the vis is quite low. I'd say 5-10cm. First time there so I don't know what its usually like otherwise in terms of vis and flow speed. Air was fresh though!

Animal Chin

Its always a gong show.

Is it me, or has it been a lot busier this season?  Even on weekdays.

bobby b

Yep, weekdays are busy too

Was at the river by 7:00am on Wed and saw lots of people already at spots all the way up river.

Blackrt03

Agree seems like nobody works anymore

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Fast, high and dirty all day, still had to go a long ways to find an empty space...

Nicolas The Fisherman

Yeah it doesn't really seem to matter what day you go on, it will still be busy. Maybe it's a bit busier on the weekend but not by much. That's why you have to be a bit more skilled than the average to be consistently successful. On another note, despite the less than ideal conditions today, someone managed a 16 plus pound buck which was entered into the derby and now holds first place.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

and they say licence sales are down every year. :o

dave c

In the past when I came onto a run with others on it I would often feel that my chances of a hook-up were slim to none, only to find that this is not always the case.  A good presentation that is somewhat different from what others are offering is sometimes the ticket.  Just last week I walked onto a run where at least half a dozen guys had fished before me.  I spoke to them all as I headed to the top of the run.  I tossed a brightly colored jig tipped with prawn into a fishy looking seam and connected with a beautiful 12lb buck. 

HOOK

• Old Timer

Very true. Hooked all 3 of the ones I lost last weekend following my dad downstream
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

I went for a short walk along the canal after stopping in to visit my father in his extended care residence. There was better than a foot of visibility perhaps even 2. Certainly enough to make fishing worthwhile.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Sandman

• Old Timer

Very true. Hooked all 3 of the ones I lost last weekend following my dad downstream

Poor dad. :-(
Not all those who wander are lost

Floater

• Old Timer

Water was high but a over a foot of visibility, managed one wild and lost another between me and my friend. Big purple prawns were the ticket but finding good fishing water was hard. Saw another wild released right across the river where we had ours on so there is some nice fish in right now. Should be hot fishing once things settle down a bit.
[

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

It's been a great year so far IMO. Nice to see after the slow start to the coho season. Lots of big brutes pushing through aswell unlike the runt coho season.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

couldnt agree more. def a good start to the season.