Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 299242 times)

Gabo

• Fish On!

Perfect day to be out there. Saw a couple being hauled out and heard of more caught but no luck for me and my buddy. We had the right idea of where to be but missed the boat.

Paulo

A great day to be out indeed. Midriver from the Gun Barrel to just above the Crossing bridge. Heard of two in that area, saw two in the Gun barrel and capped a nice 11 - 12lb wild doe to finish off the day. As stated, water was great in the morning and then coloured some into the afternoon.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Going to love to see the guys line up Gun Barrel Saturday morning.

dave c

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread about river conditions.  I thought fishing reports were to be posted under fishing reports, thus no trolling. Just saying

islanddude

Loose lips sink ships or in this case your favorite area to fish. Or it is a ruse to move the pressure from one's productive run. This kind of report just puts more pressure on a endangered stock of fish.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!

Loose lips sink ships or in this case your favorite area to fish. Or it is a ruse to move the pressure from one's productive run. This kind of report just puts more pressure on a endangered stock of fish.

What is this?  It is Vedder after all. :P

typhoon

• Old Timer

Endangered stock on the Vedder are the Cultas sockeye. I don't think they'll be hassled today.

wizard

this is why if someone asks me if I saw any thing caught I say 'no' regardless...

Chromie

the secret is out!!! STEELHEAD do exist on the vedder river.

And i been fishing deer lake for them the whole time.

SilverChaser

Dad sending me photos of a wild buck he just landed while im at school......
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Floater

• Old Timer

Its the vedder its always gona be way way way over crowded. As for the endangered stocks its why there is hatchery steelhead there will always be more as long as the government funds it lol. But if we are worried about the wild fish by catch and mortality rate then maybe its just best to close the river to fishing from December to July.
[

Kever

Good clarity above the clay banks, OK below.

Sandman

• Old Timer

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this thread about river conditions.  I thought fishing reports were to be posted under fishing reports, thus no trolling. Just saying

Then the title of the thread should be "Chilliwack River conditions" not "Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information and water conditions updates."  I agree that the report of fish caught should not be so specific as to name a run, but the thread is not limited to just water conditions.
Not all those who wander are lost

Floater

• Old Timer

Good clarity above the clay banks, OK below.

Love that spot i know friends who hook up there all the time but i never manged too but im hoping it will produce this year.
[

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Going to love to see the guys line up Gun Barrel Saturday morning.
Counted 10 cars parked at Wilson road this afternoon...