Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 27th 2010  (Read 956 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Tidal Fraser River, October 27th 2010
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »

We went out this morning for three hours to catch the big incoming tide and the brief clear break of this nasty weather. The easterly wind was not only cold, it also made detecting bites rather difficult because the rods were swaying from side to side. One hour before the tide peaked, the bite was on but the anglers were still asleep. Both Nina and I had three very good chances on each rod but all were lost. Raf, a regular fisher who we fish with at the same spot, finally caught his first hatchery marked coho jack today. He also released a wild jack. Somebody had a good day at least. :)

Dr. Backlash

Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 27th 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »

nice report Rod...its really easy to find yourself dosing off a little when the bite is slow, and then when you do get a bite, its totally unexpexted!  I got out yesterday for a couple of hours in the afternoon (on the outgoing tide) and didn't even get a bite.  Did see a number of risers, so they're still coming in.  Water clarity is still really good too.  Can't wait till the weekend!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:26:57 PM »

That's what cow bells are for  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »

With the rod being blown all over the place, cow bells wouldn't do much today except keeping us awake the whole time. ;D

wizard

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:42:48 PM »

went out bar fishing yesterday for 1.5 hours with one really good bite, rod bounced,line went completely slack but unfortunately I didn't check my hooks sharpness before casting and found that it was a little dull.(oops, I should know better)  tried spinning for a while as well but no bites.
I'll go out tonight again with some sharper hooks, hopefully I'll get another crack'at'er.
yeah, ho's are still passing through but not as many...as to be expected. more patience is required now.  water level is dropping since the weekend and vis is still holding up.
btw, before dragging the fish 20 feet up onto the shore, and THEN checking to see if it's a hatch, people should check the fish while it's still in the water, then deal with it as need be...I see this alot, only to have the fish sent back, prob worse for ware.  c'ya out there!