Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tuna sashimi anyone ?  (Read 1811 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Tuna sashimi anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:57:23 PM »

Good find FA. ;) Just showed it to my dad this afternoon because it's the type of fishing we used to do when I was little. Rock fishing (or LBG, land based gamefishing as they call it in Australia) is pretty exciting because you never know what pelagic species is going to hit in the open ocean.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:19 PM »

Looks fun but a little dangerous me thinks. Being stuck in the middle of nowhere but at least there's no beaks around.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »

We were never on offshore little islands/rocks like that, even though the good fishing could have been very tempting. It's actually better to be higher (although I am afraid of the height). I remember quite often the big waves killed fishermen who chose to fish on lower platforms and did not pay attention other than their fishing rods.

obie1fish

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:41:20 PM »

Wow. X2 on the safety factor. You really need to know your ocean weather and tide patterns, which, for my experience on this Wet Coast, isn't overly reliable. Good thing there was a camera boat nearby. Gotta love the nature music in the background too!
Reminds me of fishing Whytecliffe.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 02:21:50 AM »

Great video. These guys are like the all stars of Japanese fishing, well recognized names, especially the guy in the blue vest. This group of island reefs are like fishing paradise for hai mau too besides tuna. Even Hong Kong reef fishers pay big buck to fish there as a dream fishing trip. Love to go there one of these days.