Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you do when you cant sleep becuuse you know youre fishing in the mornin  (Read 5052 times)

CALI 2 B.C.

Serious question...cant wait till morning the vedder awaits. ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

I visualize all the bright chromies I'm going to catch in the morning.

hookme

2 shot of brandy and 2 can of beer ;D

CALI 2 B.C.

LOL im trying to get up early not start partying ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

doja

Umm, partying all night long is about the only way I see first light. ;D

Seriously,  I'd be driving there right now. I can't get up early so I do all nighters or drive to the river and sleep in the car till first light. Again if I sleep at home I'm screwed, but the car noise get me up and being right on the river I'm in action quickly. Those are some of my best fishing days too. 

DionJL

• Old Timer

Well I'm supposed to be leaving the house in 2hrs and 20 mins but I haven't slept a wink. Normally I sleep fine but tonight I think it's a combination of the domestic disturbance going on across the hall and bad food. I think if I fall asleep now, there is no chance of getting up at 5am.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

get out the door and fish Kieth Wilson, the "all hours" fishing hole. :o I know what you mean though especially if its been a few days since I've hit the flow, I remember it being like going snowboarding, when you know that the mountain is getting a ton of fresh snow and its gonna be sick  the next day, your adrenaline is pumping and you are stoked!

HOOK

• Old Timer

you guys are hilarious  ::) I will work a full afternoon shift get home at 1am and leave to go fishing at 430am and then back home to go back to work that night. sometimes i try to sleep that couple hours and im just fine to get up, other times i just stay up and get stuff together watch TV and then go. If you cant sleep the night before fishing (which lots of fisherman have troubles with) then just stay up and get your fishing gear sorted out and have some TV and alone time or just head to the river to sleep in the car like suggested(i have done this a couple times)

Okay now there is acceptions to this like when im going to be camping/fishing at a new lake or something. I have real troubles sleeping thinking about new places im going. Ugh, i guess next year is going to be sleep deprives with all the exploring im planning  ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:18:21 AM by HOOK »
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

CALI 2 B.C.

I didnt make it was too tired....GRRRRRRR LOL Im busy sunday but monday morning ill make it guarenteed.I guess it will be less of a gong show while most people will be working.Is anybody interested in fishing together monday?Im not the most experienced guy fishing up here yet ive only caught pink salmon so far since ive been here. In california i would back troll quikfish on the sacramento river.Im not a "flosser" so dont worry about that.My few fishin buddies arent around right now so i need somebody to go with.Its been 4 years since i caught a "king" Spring cant wait......

arimaBOATER

--- Do not drink coffee after 4 pm ----------- Eat a lighter meal between 6-7 pm (do not eat a big pizza... or 2 sandwiches etc at bed time as it will make ya toss & turn...as your system is putting more around one's waistline thus a restless sleep .....If ya eat 1/2 toast & some chicken before ya sleep your body will produce melitoin or something like that in one's brain which makes people "sleepy" I think they sell melitoin (sp ?) in drug stores if ya want a natural sleep. --------- If it's noisy I guess ya can put in ear plugs OR run a noisy fan in your bedroon to drain out exterior noise. A noisy fan then tends to "sing me to sleep" so to say. ------------ If one goes to bed & rises near the same times daily the body gets in a timing to get a better sleep. ---- Oh I also drink a few beers (3-4-6) weekly & ya the booze does make for a deep sleep.   The very best advice though is think positive ...because if we put our minds on things that make us angry...or unforgiveness...fearful thoughts  or having an arguement....well that causes a bad night sleep. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (if ya have a wife ya can do "you know what" & that will put ya to sleep...ha :o) For me need at least 6 hrs to 8 hrs. good sleep OR will feel lousy....do not know how HOOK gets away with so little sleep on those days he mentions.... my heart would give out or I'd be stressed out.---- 1 more thing that came to me... do not do heavy exercise workout near bedtime...where ya get your heart racing...you will have trouble sleeping. --- A walk or light bike ride is ok. MIND YOU all info is just general as your system may totally work dif. than mine.(Eagleye... I drink those 4-6 beers in 1 night also but just drink 1x per wk...... but do tend to have to go for a "leak" 2 x during the night to get rid of the excess liquid "beer") serotonin is the proper spelling... bedtime glass of warm milk or 1/2 toast with chicken will help ya sleep.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:02:56 PM by arimaBOATER »

Eagleye

• Old Timer

I agree with everything arima boater said good info... except booze does the opposite for me, it stops me from having a deep sleep and I wake up early... maybe it is becasue I drink 4-6-10 in one night though...

bluesteele

2 or so  ;D

double rum&coke ...Lemon Hart or Myers.

Nighty night  ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer

I cant believe you let being tired stopped you from going  ::) are you kidding me. I have driven to lakes with no sleep at all and thats like a 3-4 hr drive  ;) You should have just gone the night before and slept in the car then.

How do you figure people will be working on monday ???? you do realize its Thanksgiving monday right and nobody will be working, that day is usually the busiest day of this weekend. I will be out monday unfortunately because the boss let me go friday  ::) ha ha
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged

I go through all my gear, sharpen hooks, make roe bags, re-line reels, pack my box or vest and get everything in the truck. Between that and making a lunch and getting the coffee pot ready for the morning while having a beer or two usually makes me and my eyes tired enough for 4.5 - 5 hours sleep before I have to get up for first light. I still usually wake up before the alarm goes off though :D
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.

Matt

• Old Timer

Glass of wine settles the nerves nicely.