Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Proud To Be Canadian  (Read 5099 times)

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
Proud To Be Canadian
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:31:45 AM »

Was one of the lucky 19,000 crazy Canadian fans at the game. It was electric from start to finish never have i seen GM Place so energized . I have been to Canuck playoffs and the building's energy didn't compare to this game the atmosphere was incredible . Vancouver and it's fans deserve a major pat on the back for the job we did hosting this great world juniors . We may never host one again in my life time but if we do I'll be there screaming GO CANADA GO . Great to see the Finns beat the Americans as well . Pogge was a wall in net and you leaf fans may have the next one in him. Downtown after the game was rocking guys were playing road hockey in the streets and Pogge chants could be heard for blocks as well as GO CANADA GO .  It makes you proud to be a Canadian .I had goose bumps as 19,000 all sang OH CANADA when it mattered the most a truly golden experience one i will never forget !!!! ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 12:40:36 AM by legend »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Proud To Be Canadian
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 12:45:20 AM »

Well said Legend. I too had goose bumps when they played our National Anthem. It never sounded better.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 09:35:40 AM »

Thanks for the nice report and it was great you were able to go to the game. I think it ranked right up there when Canada beat the Soviet Union in 1971 on Henderson's goal.

fishingmaniac

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 06:47:15 PM »

I was there too ;) the game was awesome... so many screaming fans.. GO CANADA GO!!!
Go Chargers Go