Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trip Of A Lifetime  (Read 1948 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Trip Of A Lifetime
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »

I'm sitting in the lobby of the Northern Rockies Lodge in Muncho Lake. All I can say is WOW! I've done one fly in to fish at Obo Lake and was the fishing FANTASTIC! With no public access except by float plane and absolutely unspoiled wilderness, the beauty of the area is amazing and the fishing beyond comparison, I've found a new favourite place. Just the wildlife is enough to make the trip for. Tomorrow, I'm going out again to another location and rumour has it I won't be disappointed. I've seen a herd of buffalo, bears, stone sheep, a mountain goat and a whole bunch of others beasts. With sunset around 11:30 and sunrise around 3, there's lots of fishing to be done. Here's a few pics (no fish yet- I left my camera on the plane first day out)

Stone sheep - This momma was at a mineral lick, quite a ways from us, but she was as curious about as we were about her. It's amazing how fast these animals can leap around shear cliffs.

A wolf track- never saw him, but what a set of feet.

The sunset- at 11:30

A secluded lake from a few thousand feet- sorry about the strut and float, but....

http://

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: Trip Of A Lifetime
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

Fantastic!  Sounds like a GREAT time.  Looking forward to hearing more about the trip as it goes.  (Apparently you have Internet access - can't be THAT remote ;) )

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:12:28 AM »

Just up grabbing breakfast- more pics later today from Frog River  :)
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 07:49:02 AM »

Wow, the pictures are fantastic!

I especially like the sunset one!  :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 09:44:21 AM »

Ah I love that area...I have stayed at the lodge 3 times and the forestry cabin to the left of the lodge maybe 15 times.  I fought forest fires for 6 summers based out of Fort Nelson and Muncho Lake was a forward attack base when the NW corner heated up or had lightening storms...that deployment was always a covetted one. 

If you have a 5 of diamonds, we had lots of luck shore casting from the lodge's dock and all the little feeder streams had greyling and lakers where they poured in.  If you have a vehicle the Liard hotsprings (maybe 90 minutes up the road) is well worth the visit!  Ask them about Maxhamish lake...we quaded in and shore fisher for pike and walley.  We were into fish all day.  Biggest walleye was 11 lbs, piggest pike was 20+....ALL FROM SHORE!!!  I am pretty sure they service Maxhamish from the lodge too. 

Enjoy your trip it is ceraintly an incredible area!!!