Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: triangle road  (Read 2618 times)

iblly

• Old Timer
triangle road
« on: July 22, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »

triangle road bar fishing,  best fished on the flood tide or ebb tide ?  on the high tide,  how far out should you cast your rig ? thanks for any replies !
        bill

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: triangle road
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »

Ebb tide. Don't need to cast far

ja

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »

Can anyone please shed some light on where abouts Triangel Road is?  Thanks in advance

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »

Behind Silver City in Richmond.

ja

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »

Thank you BwiBwi  :)

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:54:41 PM »

I was fishing Triangle last week and here's the way I figure it.

If you are using Spin-n-Glos, you need the extra flow of the river with an out-going tide to make the Spin-n-Glo work properly.
Watch the junk floating in the river - it has to be moving out at a good clip for things to work.
On an incoming tide, it seems like the stuff just sits there so there doesn't seem to be much flow.

Went out after dinner last week and while I didn't catch anything, it was a nice way to beat the heat being on the river.
I got there just after high tide so I think it was a little too early for things to work properly.

Unfortunately, the tides don't look good for the next couple of weeks.

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »

When bar fishing the "dump" bar it is best to use fresh cured roe, a medium cast from shore is all that is needed as the fish will travel up onto the sandbar.

This time of year you may catch a jack chinook, but in the past this bar was most popular for the coho fishing in the fall. Fishing with roe you may even hook into a sturgeon which lurk in that area.

Personally Ive had better luck on the high tides, but have caught fish on both low and high.

This is a great spot to spend an afternoon bar fishing as long as the wind is blowing in the right direction ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 02:13:02 AM »

This is a great spot to spend an afternoon bar fishing as long as the wind is blowing in the right direction ;D

For sure, it can get very nusty during hot summer days.  Used to frequent that area alot in the past for sturgies.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »

thanks fellas
   used to fish there with my dad (25 yrs ago) for coho's and jack springs,  couldn't recall which tide was better.  thanks again for the replys,  gonna take my daughter there with the bar rigs sometime soon.