Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fish Tails  (Read 2011 times)

Oops Snagged

Fish Tails
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:24:49 PM »

Post any funny fishing related stories you have! I'll start....

A few years ago our family went to Canim Lake to use a friends cabin for two weeks. It was beautiful, wild, and the fishing was great (of course)! There was another cottage down the road but apart from that we were the only ones there. On the second last day there my friend and I were trudging up the hill from lake and we heard some rustles off in the bushes. We had seen some bear prints and scat during the day so we were on high alert and ready with the bear spray. Hearing the rustles move off, we relaxed. A couple minutes later we heard the rustles return and start approaching quickly. We turned around and saw a shape bounding towards us, too small to be a bear but big enough to be a wolf or something else frightening. Abandoning better judgement, we hauled my friend up the hill (without leaving our fishing gear behind) all the while spewing profanity and cursing whatever fish god had brought this demon from hell upon us. Upon reaching the front door of the cabin we dove inside and slammed it shut and looked out the window. The "demon from hell" was actually an amiable grey poodle who belonged to the aforementioned neighbor. My dad had seen us raving up the hill and was on the porch busting a gut laughing, he looked at us and doubled over again once he saw the look of bewilderment on our faces. So was born the family legend of the "Wolf Poodle of Canim Lake".
Oh, I caught another stick.

YetiHunter

Re: Fish Tails
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:53 AM »

My brother in law and I were floating down the Bow river one afternoon in separate inflatables. He hooked a nice rainbow, fought it to the boat and used his pliers to remove the hook. Then he held the fish up with his left hand while I took a picture from my boat.

After the pic, he lowered his right hand into the water and ever so carefully released his pliers into the river.

I  just about fell out of my boat laughing.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »

Does this count?  ;D

Caught today on the Mid river.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

To put that in perspective, Milo's hand is as big as a catchers mitt ;)
That was a large fish.

Oops Snagged

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:01:30 AM »

Pictures of fish such as that qualify for anything! Nice fish :D
Oh, I caught another stick.

RonniePache

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »

Way back when my sisters and I were little kids, my dad would take us fishing daily at our cabin.  We would get worms out of the garden and spend the whole day on the lake.  One day we were posing for silly pictures, and my one sister was dangling a worm above her open mouth pretending she was going to eat it.  The other sister, who was jealous of the laughs and attention being given to the rival sibling, slapped the hand that was holding the worm, which caused the grip to be released, and the worm dropped right into the mouth of the goofy sister.  My Dad and I laughed so hard we couldn't even speak, while one sister gagged, and the other exclaimed "Really, I didn't mean to"!!!