Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What A Bunch Of Garbage.  (Read 6426 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: What A Bunch Of Garbage.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 05:37:06 PM »

Cammer does a sheet tonne  for the resource and will put my resume up against anyone here. On volunteer hours and impact,   let's take recent clean up on vedder. World Rivers day... cammer was teaching fishing at Allco,park running the fishing pond for ARMS, I also am a recipient of a National Recreational Fishery Award for the Family Fishing Society. Cammer wonders why Milo says stupid sheet on here and wonders why people don't call him on it?

Congratulations Cam. Well deserved. I had a 9 year association with the Alco Hatchery.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

cammer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »

Great peeps. Mike I and Ron Mc are great guys. I've done that event for 17 years and our friendship is very strong. The events' fishing pond was stocked with4# trout this year and a few kids almost got pulled in. With the BCFDF volunteers every year this event gets more n.more popular

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »

It's a good thing I throw all my crap on the ground for you guys to pick up when the fishing sucks and you're bored.

Your welcome.  :o

That made me laugh out loud.  :)

Cammer does a sheet tonne  for the resource and will put my resume up against anyone here. On volunteer hours and impact,   let's take recent clean up on vedder. World Rivers day... cammer was teaching fishing at Allco,park running the fishing pond for ARMS, I also am a recipient of a National Recreational Fishery Award for the Family Fishing Society. Cammer wonders why Milo says stupid sheet on here and wonders why people don't call him on it?

I am somewhat familiar with your contributions, cammer. It was a good natured poke and a nod to the cammer/Milo bromance.

Clarki wonders why cammer talks in the first person, and if a "sheet tonne" is equivalent to a metric tonne? If so, that's a lot.

cammer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 07:13:04 PM »

Cammer talks like this as to have an.out if he says something stoopid,and he gets rightfully  called out on it. Cammer still wonders Clarki how some members don't get their wings clipped when saying stoopid sheet ? Where as others get hung to dry? Any insight for cammer?

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 07:25:22 PM »

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 08:43:11 PM »

Cammer talks like this as to have an.out if he says something stoopid,and he gets rightfully  called out on it. Cammer still wonders Clarki how some members don't get their wings clipped when saying stoopid sheet ? Where as others get hung to dry? Any insight for cammer?

They are scared of me, cammer. I am a nasty SOB.  ;D

Or maybe it is because sometimes only cammer sees "stoopid sheet" when there is none.  ;)

243Pete

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 06:42:18 AM »

One of these days I will book some time off for these river clean up events.

But for myself I always carry a small plastic bag and so far this year I've pulled out enough line to spool one reel from Furry creek, Squamish and Ambleside, a small stack of Tim's cups and several gooey ziplock bags (Part of my wants to find these people and just wrap the bag around their face and suffocate them in old smelly Borax, Procure and eggs.) This year I haven't seen a TON of garbage yet but that doesn't include Stave which can be REALLY bad.

I'll never get what makes people think that throwing garbage on the ground is alright, from it being either cultural or just indifferent thinking/ beliefs, I'll never understand it but if these people want areas like Furry Creek shut down to fishing then they are helping to contribute to the reasons why as some of the people who live in that area do complain about garbage that is left behind like cups, plastic bags and line.
A big personal pet peeve is idiots who snag and cut their mainline cause they are using braid or even heavy mono. Seriously?!?! cutting and leaving like 40+ feet of line in the river to possibly snag around another anglers legs or even kill animals like the beaver a friend posted a while ago, heavy mono wrapped around it's legs and cut through into the flesh and most likely died a slow death.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »

They are scared of me, cammer. I am a nasty SOB.  ;D

Or maybe it is because sometimes only cammer sees "stoopid sheet" when there is none.  ;)

Milo is just a human version of one of those big barky dogs that look worrisome at a distance but just want to lick your face when they get close.  ;D
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.