Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are the vedder conditions?  (Read 7730 times)

joedavis

• I'm a llama!
Re: What are the vedder conditions?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 10:18:40 AM »

Stopped by KWB, Lickman road and the Crossing for a look/see. Water was muddy this morning with virtually no visibility. Water level is up 10" to 12" and gushing through narrower parts. Starting to rain again so today is a write-off for me. Tomorrow may have better conditions, though it'll depend on how much rain we get today. Should be excellent all next week.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 12:20:34 PM »

high water is here ;D the more the rain, the less the gong show ;D .

lots of water creates lots of 'holes' ;D

Oliver

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 05:48:54 PM »

There used to be some info here  ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 06:37:26 AM by LimitKiller »

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 07:19:48 PM »

:ojust got a report from a buddy who is camped up at the vedder and lots of rain. not to many fisherman he said and the fish are moving through in good numbers. they limited out for coho and springs within 2 hrs. be careful on the river as its not very forgiving during these fast water times ;)

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 09:25:53 PM »

river was high and from mid river up it was packed!  eery few coho caught, survey guy said all he saw was springs! Too many springs!  Watched the show at the top MEAT hole,  I dont know how they can do it!  Fished mid area most of day saw nothing but stinky springs! :-[  Not a great day for me.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2004, 11:26:06 PM »

river was high and from mid river up it was packed!  eery few coho caught, survey guy said all he saw was springs! Too many springs!  Watched the show at the top MEAT hole,  I dont know how they can do it!  Fished mid area most of day saw nothing but stinky springs! :-[  Not a great day for me.

Nothing for me either.  Fished Wilson Rd. down... LOTS of fishermen.  Few fish.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2004, 07:17:50 AM »

Myself and a few friends were all at the Vedder and the conditions were, to say the least. Miserable. My older brother managed to catch one spring and had one coho on for a brief fight which he lost. Out of the three of us that braved the elements (ladies stayed in the rv the whole time) those were the only fish that we had on. We used roe at first and then as the water vis. got worse different wool combinations. We were fishing just down past the Allison Pools area. And all I can say Pepsitrev is that if your friends got their limit in two hours ;D then we all know wut their doin, don't we ;D. They must be the best fishermen around and I'm sure they pride themselves on being true sportsmen ;D. Good Fishing All, and I do mean, Good Fishing ;).

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2004, 07:46:24 AM »

hey all i can say is thats what they told me . who knows im stuck at home for a few days .

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 08:28:27 AM »

Sorry to hear you can't get to the river Pep as I think it may be nice to fish by later on Sunday or for sure Monday. Hopefully we'll see you out there soon, take care.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2004, 10:12:17 AM »

;)thanx the ole back gave out and cant stand or walk very far  :'( :'( to make matters worse i am itchin to be on the river :'( :'(