Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what happened to this salmon  (Read 15825 times)

canso

• Old Timer
Re: what happened to this salmon
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 11:14:24 PM »

Yup! I agree, I looks like it died.  :P

RiverRunner

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 11:17:59 PM »

Frozen salmon, starts to many pointless topics....

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 11:23:26 PM »

oh gee, what a capitol crime I have just committed. forgive me oh great one but I don't fish chum and have never caught one. I have seen sockeye that lose their redness after spawning and become miscolored after being dead a few days, and the ones I saw looked much like pictures of chum I have seen. [And I know the ones I saw were indeed socekeye for sure]

didn't know there was a mandatory species identification test to post on this site. chill out.

you would probably say the same thing walking out with your dead wild coho..."chill out, I did not know"

ignorance like this is a major problem on the river

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »

I'm sorry but I really thought given the thread title that something strange was going to be displayed concerning a salmon. Lo and behold it's just a spawned out chummer, hmmm. Still made me chuckle tho. Much like when when my wife was learning football and she said, "Does that man owe someone money ?"

I said "what, why do you say that ?" And she said "The announcer's keep saying get the quarter-back, get the quarter=back."

True story.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 11:41:27 PM »

The previous posters are rank amateurs and deluded armchair fisheries experts.

This salmon was obviously hatched sightless, with no eyes. Yet somehow, miraculously perhaps, it survived to migrate to the sea, mature to adulthood, and return to its natal steam. Tragically, due to its visual impairment, it was unable to find a mate and here it beached itself to die a death of abject dismay and lonliness, its teeth forever bared in a silent curse to its miserable existence and tragic demise.

That is what happened to this salmon.

frozensalmon

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 11:49:54 PM »

I just wanna know what happened to the salmon, so ok, apparently it spawned and died and its eye ball got eaten by birds according to the replies
if you said so...

what a way to reborn salmon!
more coho, more coho... ::)

frozensalmon

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 11:52:28 PM »

Frozen salmon, starts to many pointless topics....

hey its genernal discussion
and I have nerver seen a salmon like that, so I asked, that's not a point? gee man
more coho, more coho... ::)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 11:53:33 PM »

This salmon was obviously hatched sightless, with no eyes. Yet somehow, miraculously perhaps, it survived to migrate to the sea, mature to adulthood, and return to its natal steam. Tragically, due to its visual impairment, it was unable to find a mate and here it beached itself to die a death of abject dismay and lonliness, its teeth forever bared in a silent curse to its miserable existence and tragic demise.

hahah, i love this guy.

you would probably say the same thing walking out with your dead wild coho..."chill out, I did not know"

ignorance like this is a major problem on the river

buddy, I would never kill a fish I couldn't identify. I have caught [all ethically and legally] all of the salmon species except for chum. I can identify my fish, i made a mistake on the forum, so shoot me if you will. but I take offense to that and I'm actually that guy on the river who takes time calling in idiots who retain closed and protected species.

Sam6140

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 12:49:46 AM »

Is it me or does that salmon look charred (no pun intended)?   Like it got burnt on both ends (head and tail).   The eyeball missing is very common, and yes, picked out by birds.  Whenever you see the odd dead salmon on shore, you can almost guarantee that the eyes are going to be missing.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:33 AM »

I really thought I had seen it all on this forum...but wow. :-\
Not all those who wander are lost

Sam6140

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 05:23:25 AM »

lol

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 06:36:06 AM »

I was going to say a typical spawned out bull moose but I have now changed my mind and am going with this theory....
always a student

Stuart Dickinson

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »

I'm sorry but you are also wrong.  Clearly this fish was irradiated beyond comprehension by fallout from the Fukushima-Daiachi reactor explosion.  It's skin burned, lesions under the skin from uncontrollable bleeding and the eyes disintegrated and fallen from their sockets.

I wouldn't fish the Vedder this year, you're all going to die.

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:07 AM »

Gotta love newbies, lmao!

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:20 AM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mmmm... looks good for the smoker!