Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sedge Xstream waders  (Read 5842 times)

vancook

• Old Timer
Sedge Xstream waders
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »

I was wondering if anyone owns a set of these breathable waders and how do you like them? I want to buy some waders and boots and not sure what to buy. I can't afford to buy a top end model of simms or anything like that. I'm hoping to spend $200 on the waders and up to $100 on the boots, all before tax. Any suggestions?

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Sedge Xstream waders
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »

I have a pair of Redingtons CPX for sale, 280 band new never used. I just bought a pair of Bare Chota boots, by far the best boot I have purchased, lightweight and super comfy. they got for 70$
The Bigger The Better!

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:15:54 PM »

where did you pick the boots up?
what size are the waders? I'm an xl

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:45:46 AM »

I have the Sedge waders. I used them for sturgeon, steelhead and salmon for 3 seasons - maybe 40 trips - and now all the seams are leaking around the knees. They are sized properly and they haven't been abused.
I'm up to my ears in Aquaseal and I can't stop the leaks so I have switched to my backup pair (a much older but still cheap set that so far is working good).
Believe me steelheading with wet legs is unpleasant.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:57:01 PM »

hmm I guess that means I should save up for a better pair

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »

anyone own a set of Simms Freestone waders? happy with them?

yamadirt 426

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 06:22:37 PM »

anyone own a set of Simms Freestone waders? happy with them?

I think thats what i have. With the zipper pocket and cuffs over the boot laces. Its been 3 seasons and i only had 1 hole when i went down in the stave. Gooped that spot and i've been dry ever since. I abuse my stuff so nothing high end for me. So thumbs up for me as they haven't leak on there own. 3 seasons so far

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »

I went through couple of Wraight and McGill waders. They didn't last more than 2 seasons each pair. Newest I got are Dan Bailey's breathables. They are affordable and super comfy with built in belt and gravel guards. They even have a hands warmer pockets. I don't know about longevity as I had them for a few trips only, but warranty seems to be decent.
They look and feel pretty solid.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »

where did you pick those up?

I went through couple of Wraight and McGill waders. They didn't last more than 2 seasons each pair. Newest I got are Dan Bailey's breathables. They are affordable and super comfy with built in belt and gravel guards. They even have a hands warmer pockets. I don't know about longevity as I had them for a few trips only, but warranty seems to be decent.
They look and feel pretty solid.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 06:22:08 AM »

I got them from Savas at Trout Water Supplies in Kelowna. Give them the ring, they may ship it for you. Funny thing is, i met our site's Rodney in there while purchasing them.
Probably we will see TWS ad on Fishing with Rod soon.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:24:01 AM by Tadpole »

bklem

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »

i recently purchased a set of simms blackfoot waders for 180 bucks from searun in coquitlam and a pair of chota boots for 70 bones.  wasnt looking to break the bank and am pleased with both so far.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 10:04:56 PM »

Vancook - if your willing you could also look at buying online directly from the manufacturer or from a place like Cabelas. im on my 2nd set of their high end breathables ($200 or less) and they lasted me the longest of any pair i have bought. i also just picked up a pair of Simms boots from them for half price  ;D awesome boots and worth every penny.

you could also go to the Bare factory in Langley where you might be able to get waders for a better price, I think they also do fittings there so you get waders that fit right so the crotch doesnt burn out quickly. I just cant remember the name of the place because its not "Bare" its something else  :-\
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/