Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bait  (Read 6944 times)

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
Bait
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:08:30 PM »

-
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:17:53 AM by Admin »
Fish for all your worth but, remember what the fish are worth.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Bait
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »

???

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »

??? So you're going to the stamp and you need bait?
Or are you selling bait???

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »

Do you have a licence to sell bait (roe)?
Not trying to be "that forum guy" here, but if you don't, I wouldn't be selling it publicly online (just slightly illegal).

Cheers

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »

Do you have a licence to sell bait (roe)?
Not trying to be "that forum guy" here, but if you don't, I wouldn't be selling it publicly online (just slightly illegal).

Cheers
Farmers can not llegaly sell eggs,every kid that goes door to door selling candy bars should have a licence I am a old guy who fished for a long long time,can do very little now,Just keeping my hand in. Yeah and I also speed now and then. .

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 09:44:42 PM »

So are you selling real roe or artificials?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »

So are you selling real roe or artificials?
I have on hand what my avatar shows Email me for more info. thanks Gord.

Admin

• FWR Admin
  • Administrator
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »

There are a few issues with this posting.

1. The price is not listed, which is required as stated in our buy and sell guidelines.

2. If you have a licence to sell bait, then this is categorized as commercial sale, which is not allowed in our buy and sell as outlined in the guidelines. For market your commercial products on this website, please see the advertising options available.

3. If you do not have a licence to sell bait, then this is illegal as defined by Fisheries and Oceans Canada (see "unlawful actions"). We choose to remove illegal sales in our buy and sell.

Thank you.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »

I have on hand what my avatar shows Email me for more info. thanks Gord.

I can't see what's in your avatar that's the problem lol. Like I asked real roe or artificials?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »

I can't see what's in your avatar that's the problem lol. Like I asked real roe or artificials?
Real. l I have had commercial fishing licence for years which allows me to sell my catch as I see fit. . But I think I will let them remove my ad. I really have enjoyed all this tho.

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »

There are a few issues with this posting.

1. The price is not listed, which is required as stated in our buy and sell guidelines.

2. If you have a licence to sell bait, then this is categorized as commercial sale, which is not allowed in our buy and sell as outlined in the guidelines. For market your commercial products on this website, please see the advertising options available.

3. If you do not have a licence to sell bait, then this is illegal as defined by Fisheries and Oceans Canada (see "unlawful actions"). We choose to remove illegal sales in our buy and sell.
What about the guy that is selling tied flies. Look like a commercial product to me.
Thank you.

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 10:15:25 PM »

what about the guy that sells tied flies.looks like commercial to me.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 10:30:07 PM »

Hi fishherron,

I just went through the first four pages of the postings and couldn't find one ad that sells flies, so I am confident to conclude that the sales of flies are rare occurrences and I don't consider them as commercial sales. Occasionally we do have people coming on here to sell their own flies, spinners, etc, which is allowed. On the other hand, say, Bent Rods starts selling his jigs, spinners in the buy and sell, then those would be taken down as there is a more effective and proper avenue to go about that.

I struggle to let the sale of bait like this one allowed on the buy and sell for a couple of reasons stated in previous post. Since you are commercially harvesting your products, I feel that it wouldn't be appropriate to have it here. It would also put us in some difficult situations in the future. There's obviously no way that I can verify your roe is commercially harvested and I have no interest in doing that. What if other individuals start wanting to sell their bait on here from now on and suddenly we have many who wish to do that, whether they have a licence to do so or not. I don't wish to see the website going that way, as I feel the need to be responsible for limiting illegally sale of bait.

In my opinion, a better (and more profitable) way for you to go about selling your bait would be through the local tackle store in that region. You unload your inventory to them instead of dealing with individual anglers who contact you online.

Thanks for understanding.

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 11:17:53 PM »

Hi fishherron,

I just went through the first four pages of the postings and couldn't find one ad that sells flies, so I am confident to conclude that the sales of flies are rare occurrences and I don't consider them as commercial sales. Occasionally we do have people coming on here to sell their own flies, spinners, etc, which is allowed. On the other hand, say, Bent Rods starts selling his jigs, spinners in the buy and sell, then those would be taken down as there is a more effective and proper avenue to go about that.

I struggle to let the sale of bait like this one allowed on the buy and sell for a couple of reasons stated in previous post. Since you are commercially harvesting your products, I feel that it wouldn't be appropriate to have it here. It would also put us in some difficult situations in the future. There's obviously no way that I can verify your roe is commercially harvested and I have no interest in doing that. What if other individuals start wanting to sell their bait on here from now on and suddenly we have many who wish to do that, whether they have a licence to do so or not. I don't wish to see the website going that way, as I feel the need to be responsible for limiting illegally sale of bait.

In my opinion, a better (and more profitable) way for you to go about selling your bait would be through the local tackle store in that region. You unload your inventory to them instead of dealing with individual anglers who contact you online.

Thanks for understanding.     Thanks for telling a  old man what he has known for years. This way is more fun. I meet a lot of people make a buck or two.  Save a Salmon now and then I may even come in to a close second to you on the rivers clean up. But hey thanks for your time. The Best All Ways     Gord

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 11:37:36 PM »

Thanks for telling a  old man what he has known for years. This way is more fun. I meet a lot of people make a buck or two.  Save a Salmon now and then I may even come in to a close second to you on the rivers clean up. But hey thanks for your time. The Best All Ways     Gord