Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is the fishing bug gone.....for now?  (Read 5965 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Is the fishing bug gone.....for now?
« on: April 29, 2007, 11:05:44 AM »

So is it just me, or are other guys out there just just not feeling it right now, fishing wise?  I had the oppurtunity to get out fishing, whether that be on a lake or Sturgeon fishing, Dolley fishing or whatever, and I just couldn't bring myself to climb out of bed this weekend.  I know there could be various reasons for this, like getting up at 4:30 to 5 am on weekends for about 10 months straight got a bit tiresome, wanting to spend some time with the girlfriend, now that she is out of school for a bit.  I mean, I was gunned all week to head to the Vedder for one last time, but well, as my usual luck would have it, she's out.... ???
  Maybe I just need some time away from it to get refreshed for the upcoming seasons...  It is not like I am not pumped about fishing, I am still thinking about the gear I want to get for the upcoming seasons, there is this pair of waders that I am constantly salavating over (the Dan Baileys), and a new drift rod that I thinking about, not sure what one just yet though ( a Stryker, Trophy Royal, Or a Talon LT2), but I just don't have that urge to make it out all that much right now.
  Anyone else feeling this?  :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
Re: Is the fishing bug gone.....for now?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »

U SUCK DAVE !

Thompson.Man

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:33:04 AM »

Everyone gets that once and a while... Don't wear yourself out, take a break and get those arms ready for throwing the bar weights out to those springers!!

Tight Lines ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »

I know what ya mean dave! Ill be like that for a week then after that im like ..man i want to go fishing ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Thompson.Man

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »

CORONA!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! Just joking man, but it is all about the Budweiser and if Ur not wading a 40 of Olde English 800!!!!! hahahaha

TIGHT LINES

allwaysfishin

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »

I hear what yer sayin Dave...... I haven't stopped fishin but I put away the steelhead gear earlier this year than previous seasons. The magic is gone for me and the Vedder. I have been sturgie fishin and not much else. One thing I like this time of year for is to get all my fly gear in order, tie a mess of flies and lately.... I've been rod building like a fiend.... so many folks getting customs built right now... I'm nearly booked up for this spring.... speaking of which... I have ONE Talon LT2 blank left Dave......best price in the lower mainland ... guaranteed  ;D  8) .

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 01:12:35 PM »

^ THAT BETTER NOT B MY BLANK !

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 01:21:53 PM »

I have ONE Talon LT2 blank left Dave......best price in the lower mainland ... guaranteed  ;D  8) .

HOW MUCH? ;D ;D  You have my number.... ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 03:24:40 PM »

I dont know whats wrong with you guys.... ??? Im guessing thats what happens when you get really old.  ;)
If the fish are there and the water is good, no heavy rain or wind, and the parents happy then theres nothing stopping me!  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

You must be coming down with something Dave. I just pumped up the Pontoon boat and it's off to Quesnel to fish Dragon lake this Tuesday and Wed. then it's back to the big sticks for sturgeon. I just straightened out the boat box and got everything ready for the Bar fishing season (hopefully we get one)!

So take a break, then grab your fly rod and hit the Vedder for some steel. ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 03:43:49 PM »

You must be coming down with something Dave. I just pumped up the Pontoon boat and it's off to Quesnel to fish Dragon lake this Tuesday and Wed. then it's back to the big sticks for sturgeon. I just straightened out the boat box and got everything ready for the Bar fishing season (hopefully we get one)!

So take a break, then grab your fly rod and hit the Vedder for some steel. ;D
Was thinking I just may have to to that....  Mind you I am a total rookie to that....  so feel free to join me if you so desire!! ;D ;D

Good luck at Dragon and Sturgy's when you get back.  Hoping I can get out to finally get one on the new Sturgy rod as well. ;D ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 04:35:03 PM »

My son, koda(the dog) and I got out to Rolley today. Did not see anything from anyone but we where all happy to be out. The only fish we saw was in the talons of an eagle. It was sure amazing to watch this eagle circle around and then just dive down and pick this fish right out of the water. I never lose the bug to fish maybe that is because I do not get near as many oppurtunities as some people do and I also change up where I fish, how I fish and for what I fish. Variety is the key.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:51:20 PM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 04:45:54 PM »

I tell you Dave I was kinda feeling like that on Friday night !! I was trying to get myself ready to go fishing on Saturday and I just wasn't that into it.. once I got to the river I started to feel better about it, and when I hooked up with a big Steelie my heart was pumping and I was totally into it  ;D ;D ;D... I think sometimes you just have to shake it up a bit.. in the last two weeks I have been out on the chuck going for Springs , and then I was at the Allouette flyfishing for lil guys !! get away from the river once in a while and it will keep you fresh  ;)
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »

I am always into it. Yesterday morning I got early and went out for cutthroat. Caught a bunch from 6:30am-9am and than the bite died off. Today I went out to the lake and caught a whole wack of kokanee. I cant get enough of it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

c-pin

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 06:07:43 PM »

Hey Dave,

Don't sweat it, buddy.

I find I get into a bit of a funk around this time of year ... Steelhead Season is over, and you are just waiting for Salmon Season. I have not had the chance to go Cutty fishing, as I don't know where to go. Pretty soon there will be millions of Pinks (hopefully) coming in which you can use as pre-season training for Coho.

Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty