Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spratley boats  (Read 5964 times)

Radman

Spratley boats
« on: March 30, 2006, 11:50:36 AM »

Just looking for some feedback on these boats saw them at the outdoor show but would not mind hearing from some people that have one of these boats. Is the ten foot boat good for two people to fly fish out of and what size motor would you hang on the ten foot boat or any other pros or cons about these boats.    Thanks Frank

Griz

• I'm a llama!
    • www.kodiaktackle.com
Re: Spratley boats
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 03:21:16 PM »

You know if you give Kelly a call at Searun Fly & Tackle he could give you the best addvice about this boat.

tnt

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:32:47 PM »

Hi Radman
the 10 ft will accept a 6 hp engine, you can fish 2 people out of it but a 12 ft would be nicer, they are around 130lb in total weight and easy to handle on your own. if you are interested in seeing one give me a call.they offer 2 models in the 10fter one standard and a wide model.
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

Radman

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 11:48:53 AM »

Thanks for the imput guys but as I am recovering from major surgery it will be a little while before I act on anything
         Thanks Frank

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »

Couple of guys I know have the 10 footer, very nice boats and built "SOLID", they love their Spratley, saw the 12 footer at the show and it was impresive.
The maiden voyage of the 10n Spratley was 4 days of a lake in the Chilcotin a couple of years ago, the boat, pushed by an electric, moved very nicely into the wind and waves and from the wind and wave at the back. Fishes well too, maybe not for Justin, but Dave ;D ;)
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles