Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen Lake, May 22nd 2011  (Read 2709 times)

mykisscrazy

Re: Buntzen Lake, May 22nd 2011
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »

I would think the issue would be fish are moving by no fault of their own out from where they are supposed to be. It should fall onto BC Hydro to make sure that fish are not being moved Out of the Coquitlam Reservoir down to Bunzen. BC Hydro if I am not mistaken have been looking at ways not only in the Coquitlam Reservoir but also the Allouette Reservoir to get a sockeye run back to those areas. They are having some sucess, but if in the Coquitlam are now ending up in Buntzen. What needs to be done and how much will it cost for that not to happen. If the cost is too high, then the fish loose

jimmywits

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 09:33:44 AM »

I don't think we are talking about a significant number here, I fish Buntsen allot and it is rare to get anything other than trout, at least that has been my experience.

mykisscrazy

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 11:41:33 AM »

Yes but now how many do not survive the trip down?

jimmywits

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 11:04:45 AM »

Yes but now how many do not survive the trip down?
Not sure, but if it was substantial  would you not see evidence of it in the boomed off area where the pipe comes in?

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 04:38:37 PM »

Not sure, but if it was substantial  would you not see evidence of it in the boomed off area where the pipe comes in?

except for the spring runoff, the current through the pipe isnt much worse then the average rapids on the coquitlam river. heck, if they can survive the trip over the dam, they can survive going down the tunnel. the proof is in the dinner...err...fish  :)

jimmywits

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »

except for the spring runoff, the current through the pipe isnt much worse then the average rapids on the coquitlam river. heck, if they can survive the trip over the dam, they can survive going down the tunnel. the proof is in the dinner...err...fish  :)
That is why I don't think we are talking substantial numbers here or one would hook allot more than odd rare specimen.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »

That is why I don't think we are talking substantial numbers here or one would hook allot more than odd rare specimen.

well there are quiet a few in buntzen lake. heck, thats almost all i caught that time and all i caught this weekend as well. lol. not that i am complaining. they sure taste good.