Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 6 Days of Flyfishing Interior Lakes July 1st to 7th, 2007  (Read 1241 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
6 Days of Flyfishing Interior Lakes July 1st to 7th, 2007
« on: July 07, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »

Got back from a week up at the lake house....glorious weather and some awesome days of fishing.

The fishing on my lake was once again affected by the full moon (on Fri.) but I did managed to get a few on the two days that I fished it (water temp was 67 degrees and algae strands beginning to show).  When I was lucky enough to find some feeding fish the loons would pague me and end any opportunity to get more.  Geez those things can be a nuisance!

Fished one of the lakes where I keep another boat stashed on Sun., Mon., and on Wed.  Finally got to have some company when a buddy, Gordie,  came up to fish for a couple of days.  I had dialed in on the first day on which chronies to use and had good action all three days.  Slowest day was 40 hookups.  Some fish were working on sedge pupas and the odd dry but I didn't bother switching.  I don't know what Gordie was doing wrong but he only managed to get a half a dozen hits...just 2 to the boat.  I even gave him one of my go to patterns which had been the ticket all day long.

Gordie redeemed himself when we went to Corbett Lake on the last day, however.  We were meeting my son there to use his birthday certificate to fish the lake.  I don't usually fish paid lakes but for $90 for two it's not a bad deal as far as paid fishing goes.  Gord got into 27 fish and we got into 21 which seemed kinda slow but understandable ...the water temp. was a soupy 71 degrees and it was over 30 degees out, a reaL SCORCHER! 

It sure is crowded fishing two in a boat...just too much crap everywhere.  Here are a few shots.  Gonna head back up on Tues. for a couple of days more just to avoid the Fraser and all the controversy that seems to be going with it these days.  One of the perks of being a teacher and off for the summer.  Cheers!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:40:38 PM by Rodney »

BladeKid

• Old Timer
Re: 6 Days of Flyfishing Interior Lakes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »

nice report and fish