Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing the Serpentine  (Read 2606 times)

SMo007

Fishing the Serpentine
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »

Has anybody caught anything in the Serpentine this year. I have been out 4 times and have yet to get a bite. I don't know if I'm fishing it at the wrong time, or using the wrong setup, or is it just there are no fish there. I also walk with my family there and anytime I see someone fishing I ask how they're doing and nobody I have spoken to has caught anything either. One other question. Does anybody know how deep it is? Could I wade out and flyfish or is it too step a drop? Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Stephen

hookme

Re: Fishing the Serpentine
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:40:33 PM »

There is fish already there mostly Coho and some spring I don't know about pinks?. The best time is during the tide climbing up cause the dam from  King George wont be opening on a certain level  so they are just swimming in circle on that dam. Just remember you have to fish 50 feet form the dam is a dfo regulation, I already see one guy last year got a fine cause I think somebody told me there is DFO office in whiterock this the first place they usually check when driving through king george. some of the fish there are little bit picky ..but I got lucky with coho there last year on silver croc and silver blue fox... Goodluck!.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:15:37 PM by hookme »

SMo007

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:24:32 PM »

There is fish already there mostly Coho and some spring I don't know about pinks?. The best time is during the tide climbing up cause the dam from  King George wont be opening on a certain level  so they are just swimming in circle on that dam. Just remember you have to fish 50 feet form the dam is a dfo regulation, I already see one guy last year got a fine cause I think somebody told me there is DFO office in whiterock this the first place they usually check when driving through king george. some of the fish there are little bit picky ..but I got lucky with coho there last year on silver crock and silver blue fox... Goodluck!.

Thanks very much for the info. I heard about fishing down from the dam, although I heard it was 100 feet. Any idea about depth? Thanks again

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »

Averages about 6-7 ft and goes up to ten in spots and as low as 2-3 ft. If your fishing below the bridge you can wade out but be carefull of garbage on the bottom ::)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

yamadirt 426

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »

I plan on launching the zodiac in there in the next couple of weeks. I think it is a little early though.

SMo007

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:52 PM »

Averages about 6-7 ft and goes up to ten in spots and as low as 2-3 ft. If your fishing below the bridge you can wade out but be carefull of garbage on the bottom ::)

Hello Steely. I haven't heard from you in a little while. Must be all that time your spending out on the Fraser fishing for Pinks. Hope that's going well for you. I sent you an email after your last message on here but didn't hear back from you. I've been fishing around the first s curve, so quite a ways down from the bridge.

SMo007

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:50:08 PM »

I plan on launching the zodiac in there in the next couple of weeks. I think it is a little early though.

I've never actually seen anybody out on the water, in fact I wasn't even sure if you were allowed on the water. Where abouts do you launch. And early for what? Thanks

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »

Yeah sorry about that been over on the island fishing for pinks and over here doing the same ;D I will try to answer soon but all this fishing is taking my time ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

SMo007

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 05:04:03 PM »

Yeah sorry about that been over on the island fishing for pinks and over here doing the same ;D I will try to answer soon but all this fishing is taking my time ;D

It's great your getting in all that fishing time. How has your success rate been?

yamadirt 426

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 05:55:48 PM »

I've never actually seen anybody out on the water, in fact I wasn't even sure if you were allowed on the water. Where abouts do you launch. And early for what? Thanks

Its our right to be on any navagable water so no worries there. I was going to put in off king george and head to the ocean to look for risers. If you look on google earth it channels out there and joins the nic. I havent confirmed this and I could be wrong buy I think there could be some good cutty fishing in the bay at times.

SMo007

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 07:37:27 PM »

Its our right to be on any navagable water so no worries there. I was going to put in off king george and head to the ocean to look for risers. If you look on google earth it channels out there and joins the nic. I havent confirmed this and I could be wrong buy I think there could be some good cutty fishing in the bay at times.

I didn't realize that you could navigate under Hwy 99. I stay closer to King George. It does comes out into mud bay and below it the Nick comes out at blackie spit. I'm sure you already know this but from where your putting in at King George to the train bridge is Non-tidal. Anything west of the bridge and into the bay is tidal. You'll have to let me know how you made out because as of yet I haven't seen anything. But hey, I'm still outside with a rod in the water and that beats work anyday. Cheers