Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rocky Point  (Read 4771 times)

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
Rocky Point
« on: March 21, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »

Since the slip at rocky point has been made into restaurant, where is the closest slip now? As far as I know, that was it for coquitlam /port moody.... >:(

WHAT NOW???????? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: Rocky Point
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 03:19:44 PM »

???

Mabelingwane

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 04:13:42 PM »

I believe there will still be a slip, but only minimal parking ( 4 or 6 parking bays) I believe there is a boathouse restaurant going up there that has taken up the whole parking lot, and anyone who has been there before knows how problematic it is to get a parking spot there in the heat of summer....hence no one will use it and I don’t think there is another one in the area, only North Van would be the closest...

http://www.cityofportmoody.com/City+Hall/Projects/Restaurant.htm

They say we can park in the street .......IT WILL NOT WORK>>>>>>> >:(

The annual and daily passes are for the launch and retrieval of boats at the Port Moody boat launch.  Parking is available for boat launch users on an as available basis at any of the approved and designated parking areas – Rocky Point Park, Esplanade Avenue, Murray Street or the West Coast Express parking lot.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:16:11 PM by Mabelingwane »
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:40:47 PM »

It's a bloody disgrace, they have totally spoiled the park and boat launch. This endeavor can have been only designed to turn it into a private/limited use ramp. Do they actually believe that folks will pull out after they have walked a couple of blocks to get their vehicles and then go park again and walk back to use the resteraunt. Parking is pretty scarce in the area at the best of times, certainly going to have an impact on those with mobility issues.
Port Moody councilors must have their heads up their ar$es
BTW Cody what's the question?
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:32:01 AM »

This is not good news at all.
Who ever passed this is obviously not into boating or fishing.
This whole province has real issues with launches.

There are gold mines out there if they wanted them but i guess us boaters just get in the way of things. ::)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:38:07 AM »

They still have the slip, but most of the parking lot is taken up by the boathouse now. Not many parking spots left :P.

Mabelingwane

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »

They still have the slip, but most of the parking lot is taken up by the boathouse now. Not many parking spots left :P.

That right... If you have been there in summer when the boating is at its best, you will know already that parking is a st@ff up.. And it is not that there is another slip close by in the area.. closest one is North Van I believe or Cates park... Just nuts  >:( >:( >:(

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:24:01 AM »

That right... If you have been there in summer when the boating is at its best, you will know already that parking is a st@ff up.. And it is not that there is another slip close by in the area.. closest one is North Van I believe or Cates park... Just nuts  >:( >:( >:(

Yeah, I know its nuts down there. There is so much more space down there to put that boathouse. It's rediculous why they would take up so much good parking space. Theres like 5 parking stalls left ::), its just stupid.

Sandhead

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »

Does reed point have a boat launch?
Ain't no HO like a COHO

Mabelingwane

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 11:45:41 AM »

Does reed point have a boat launch?

I think it is private...worth taking a look at.

Mabelingwane

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »

I drove by Rocky Point yesterday and was wondering what in the heck was happening there ??? Seems like a shame too me :(

Cheers

Nuggy

In My opinion, they might as well closed the damn thing down...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »

I'm reading a lot of rants here about what is happening, but not a lot about what they would like the City to do. There is a Lower Fraser SFAC meeting in two days from now, if someone would like to email me at info@fishingwithrod.com and list out the problems (keep it brief but get the points across), I could probably bring it to those who will be at the meeting. Email is best sent to me before tomorrow.

Mabelingwane

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »

I'm reading a lot of rants here about what is happening, but not a lot about what they would like the City to do. There is a Lower Fraser SFAC meeting in two days from now, if someone would like to email me at info@fishingwithrod.com and list out the problems (keep it brief but get the points across), I could probably bring it to those who will be at the meeting. Email is best sent to me before tomorrow.

Thanx Rodney... Mail sent.. I will behave now  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 03:16:52 PM »

Thanx Rodney... Mail sent.. I will behave now  ;D

Yes you better. ;D Email read and replied with some questions. Thanks. Let's see where we can go from here.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »

as I understand it the city was not intrested in entertaining constructive opinions, they were going to stay the course irrespective of park users opinions.
http://www.cityofportmoody.com/City+Hall/News/2005/20050921mr.htm
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 04:16:51 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!