Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you have confidence in the Campbell government?

Yes
- 7 (11.7%)
No
- 53 (88.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: May 17, 2010, 04:09:36 PM

Author Topic: The Campbell Government  (Read 25242 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
The Campbell Government
« on: May 07, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »

Here's your opportunity to tell everyone how you really feel....     ;D

While your at it you can participate in this poll as well:

http://www.cknw.com/
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: The Campbell Government
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »

I supported his sorry a$$ the last two elections but after all the crap he and his cronies have pulled on us in this latest episode I am DONE!!!! I wont vote NDP just on principle as I can't stand Carole James.

I have always voted Liberal. Unless Campbell steps down or is forced out I wont be voting Liberal for the first time in my life

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »

Rumor has it that Carol Taylor will be the new NDP leader.... 
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

CameronT120

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »

It doesn't matter who leads the NDP, they're too entrenched with the unions to be an option for many of the electorate. 

Nutterbug

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 09:33:29 PM »

Gordo should quit now that he's got his Olympic legacy.

I suppose a smart Liberal Party strategy would be to keep him on to take the blame for the HST and whatever other bad news the government has to deliver over the next couple of years, and then strategically replace him with a new leader with a clean slate in time for the next election.

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »

Gordo should quit now that he's got his Olympic legacy.

I suppose a smart Liberal Party strategy would be to keep him on to take the blame for the HST and whatever other bad news the government has to deliver over the next couple of years, and then strategically replace him with a new leader with a clean slate in time for the next election.

this is exactly what they are/will be doing....holmes*

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »

The Conservative Party is going to be making big strides in this province. Just you wait and see. I am more Liberal than Conservative but if Campbell is in power I would vote Conservative

Belong to the "4 F Club"

andychan

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »

The Conservative Party is going to be making big strides in this province. Just you wait and see. I am more Liberal than Conservative but if Campbell is in power I would vote Conservative

Why vote conservative? All cons want to do is sell province resources off to the highest private bidders. The list is so barfing long - everything from allowing fish farms destroy wild runs to selling off liquor stores to selling off hydro.

penn

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 09:05:02 AM »

Ever since Campbell had his photo op with Schwarzenegger and decided to re-make his image like Arnold, he completely lost my support . All honesty from him went out the window then and it has been all about his image and "legacy" ever since . How much money has he wasted fighting "Climate Change" after that I would like to know . With that sort of rubbish politics you might as well vote NDP , as there precious little difference between the two now . Both promoting a phony self image , sorry but i will either vote conservative or abstain next election.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 09:15:58 AM »

I supported his sorry a$$ the last two elections but after all the crap he and his cronies have pulled on us in this latest episode I am DONE!!!! I wont vote NDP just on principle as I can't stand Carole James.

I have always voted Liberal. Unless Campbell steps down or is forced out I wont be voting Liberal for the first time in my life

That sure is one giant size serving of humble pie -  can you eat it all in one sitting?  ;D ;D ;D
I was searching through some threads and found a few gems from before the election. (trying to hold back a king size "I told you so" ;))

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20478.30

It's going to take a bit and a lot of bandwidth, but I'll have a long list of Campbell's follies here shortly. It's long, disgusting and full of broken promises and backroom bullspit. There should be more of these:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:37:42 AM by Novabonker »
http://

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »

make no mistake about it...the so called "BC Liberals" are not real liberals...they are Conservatives or even worse.....holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »

Apparently us fishermen see things differently than the general population....    ::)

http://www.cknw.com/Polls/PopUpResults.aspx?QID=11569

Do you have confidence in Premier Gordon Campbell and the Liberal government?
      Yes          59.0%  
      No          41.0%  

LAST UPDATED:  5/8/2010 12:13:42 PM
DISCLAIMER:  This poll is informal, not scientific. It only reflects the opinions of site visitors who have voluntarily participated. The results may not represent the opinions of the public as a whole. This site is not responsible for the statistical accuracy of opinions here expressed.
© CKNW AM
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:19:50 AM by alwaysfishn »

wizard

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »

I agree with holmes....

what's scary is bc libs wants to double the amount of oil shipped through burrard inlet, expand oil development in bc, at the same time go on about how bc is going to be a world leader in green energy exports... what is green energy accomlishing if oil use is being ever so expanded?  at the end of the day the situation is worse.  btw, how are these projects labelled as green?  they do not take in account all the environmental and habitat destruction, not to mention massive amounts of greenhouse gases it takes to construct them.

unfortunately general public has no idea what's happening here...

Nutterbug

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »

Why vote conservative? All cons want to do is sell province resources off to the highest private bidders. The list is so barfing long - everything from allowing fish farms destroy wild runs to selling off liquor stores to selling off hydro.

Isn't it also full of Vander Zalm type former Unity/Reform holymen who want to institute prayer into schools, ban homosexuality, abortion, sex till 200 and the whole lot?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »

Isn't it also full of Vander Zalm type former Unity/Reform holymen who want to institute prayer into schools, ban homosexuality, abortion, sex till 200 and the whole lot?

Not really. Right now a vote for Conservative is just a vote against the Liberals. Their is no way the Conservatives will win the election. I just cant vote for the Liberals and I cant vote for the NDP so thats the reason I am voting Conservative. If they replace Campbell I will vote Liberal.

Belong to the "4 F Club"