Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anything happened out there Pacific Ocean ???  (Read 2704 times)

staffy

Anything happened out there Pacific Ocean ???
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

Due to the harvest of salmon fishing this year, I'm thinking is there anything happened at the Pacific Ocean that make the salmon to escape from there. Because more earthquakes happened in NorthAmerica (even in the whole world) within this 2 years, that's why I have this question come out.

BBarley

Re: Anything happened out there Pacific Ocean ???
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:12:50 PM »

I'm really confused regarding what your trying to say/ask???

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »

???

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 02:28:19 AM »

Hahahaha ;D ;D

lovethewater

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 08:14:05 AM »

wait....why did you have this question come out? ??? ??? ???

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »

i think maybe the earthquake has the question come out and the harvest salmon are bigger if the last 2 years escape in the north america pacific ocean are the whole world watching with tornados and hurricane force winds and big boats are using more gas that has a new rod and reel.....make sense??......holmes*

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »

so really u would like to know if earthquakes and other natural disasters are the cause of the large salmon returns in BC in the last couple years, due to the fact that the salmon were avoiding the affected disaster areas?....well it doesnt quite work that way...the salmon will want to return to their native or home stream, river, creek, what have ya....holmes*
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:01:52 PM by holmes »

staffy

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »

so really u would like to know if earthquakes and other natural disasters are the cause of the large salmon returns in BC in the last couple years, due to the fact that the salmon were avoiding the affected disaster areas?....well it doesnt quite work that way...the salmon will want to return to their native or home stream, river, creek, what have ya....holmes*

I'm thinking about the earthquakes around NorthAmerica within these 2 years, most are caused by the movements of Earth's tectonic plates. Where 2 plates move past one another, parts sometimes get stuck. The pressure then builds up until the plates finally break free, creating a ground tremor.
The tectonic plates moving under Pacific Ocean are the cause of the large salmon returns in BC, and "there's a rumor around us that a big earthquake is coming in the future in BC", this is what of my negative thinking. ::)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

The tectonic plates moving under Pacific Ocean are the cause of the large salmon returns in BC, and "there's a rumor around us that a big earthquake is coming in the future in BC", this is what of my negative thinking. ::)

Is this your theory ?

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »

So genius!  ::)
Did you come up with this theory all by yourself?

hey... Salmon don't "Escape" the ocean. They migrate to their spawning beds. This is the beauty of their regeneration process. Do some research on the pacific salmon life cycle. The increasing number of migrating salmon mostly depends on the number of salmon fries/smolts that went down to the ocean in the past few years. The salmon protection measures (selective fishing bans, hatchery units, etc.) all have played a role in this.

In your theory, can you describe how the undersea earthquake waves can harm fish?  ???
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:16:40 PM by RainbowMan »

Fonda Fishing

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »

This was published about a month ago when the sockeye started returning in record numbers.

'La Nina' Now Reigns PNW Weather; Colder Ocean Should Be Boost To Basin Salmon Survival 

http://www.cbbulletin.com/394855.aspx

This spring El Niņo conditions have weakened gradually after a winter of mild sea surface temperatures, now scientists at the National Weather Service have announced that the Pacific has officially entered La Niņa conditions.

The last two occurances of La Niņa conditions have coincided with record breaking returns of both salmon and steelhead in watersheds from Oregon to Vancouver Island.

http://ospreysteelheadnews.blogspot.com/2010/08/pacific-climate-indicators-point.html