Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Stamp River November 25th, 2007  (Read 5640 times)

allwaysfishin

Re: The Stamp River November 25th, 2007
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 12:57:05 PM »

fishing the stamp on foot last year for the first time was a humbling experience for myself and CAPT BONK. We did great in a boat with a guide who grew up fishing the river, but, not knowing the river and not knowing the access points for hiking in..... on foot we wasted a lot of time with "where do we fish next" and " how the fug do we get in there" .  It will take many trips to become familiar enough with the river and it's access points to become consistantly successful for steelhead..... there are those with horseshoe luck that may find it different than i have stated , or those with a buddy to show them around.... but in general..... don't expect to be able to just drive up, park your car and start fishing like we can on our lowermainland rivers or the Big T for that matter. Access on the stamp is 90% hike in with trails all over the place that don't lead to the good fishing spots  ;D.

I'll be heading out with guide Nick for a couple trips in the new year...... i can't wait  ;D

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »

Good points Always not to mention that hiking in will more than likely put you on some private property. I'm fishing this Saturday and Sunday with a buddy from Pacific Angler. I saw some of Nick's photos from today and they look awesome. Cheers / Kelso

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 02:52:08 PM »

I'm headin' over there for late December. I'll be doing the walk and wade sort of thing unless i can somehow gather up enough money to get in a boat.

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 03:02:16 PM »

Hey Dion, have a great time. I may go over around that time frame as well but in the boat with Nick. Let me know if you wanna meet up.

mmmroe

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 06:25:51 PM »

Dion....lets head up there earlier....im done exams now.....i'll be even more of a river bum!! lol

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 09:51:41 PM »

I would say there is a barrier to entry which keeps the number of people going there manageable. My two cents.

hotrod

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »

I fished the lower stamp yesterday and had two bites. That;s it and I was in a jet too.. Not much going on yet! Has been spotty at best! In the lower anyways!

Hotrod

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 12:43:52 AM »

Hmm, now I am really sure that you don't get it or know why you were banned there. :) No one (at least those who know you personally) does not deny your fishing experience and your effort in this community. I never (and hopefully never will) strengthen or validate my opinion by my fishing experience, that's ego talking. It's no secret that most involved have fished longer than me, much better than me ;D which is not a big deal. If someone wants my advice, I am happy to deliver but will not force what I have learned on others. Your concerns are valid, but your method of delivery is wrong. Most of the posts you've done on this subject are rude.

Who usually make the most difference? Someone with wisdom, charisma and the willingness to listen? Or someone who chooses to be abrasive, confrontational and ignorant simply because he or she is in the know while others are not?

Keep up the same antics, I doubt you will be a positive solution to the degradation of angling experience in BC. To all, please don't snipe our members' reports in the future (which I should have removed in the first place, sorry Kelso) or you will not find your account active for much longer. We only have so much tolerance on inconsideration.

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 10:43:39 AM »

Hmm, now I am really sure that you don't get it or know why you were banned there. :) No one (at least those who know you personally) does not deny your fishing experience and your effort in this community. I never (and hopefully never will) strengthen or validate my opinion by my fishing experience, that's ego talking. It's no secret that most involved have fished longer than me, much better than me ;D which is not a big deal. If someone wants my advice, I am happy to deliver but will not force what I have learned on others. Your concerns are valid, but your method of delivery is wrong. Most of the posts you've done on this subject are rude.

Who usually make the most difference? Someone with wisdom, charisma and the willingness to listen? Or someone who chooses to be abrasive, confrontational and ignorant simply because he or she is in the know while others are not?

Keep up the same antics, I doubt you will be a positive solution to the degradation of angling experience in BC. To all, please don't snipe our members' reports in the future (which I should have removed in the first place, sorry Kelso) or you will not find your account active for much longer. We only have so much tolerance on inconsideration.

Thanks Rodney, for a moment there I thought you were referring to me and I was like, what the? :)

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »

Cammer,
It is understandable that you may have concerns that posting reports on the internet will cause an increase of angling pressure. However you cannot make assumptions that all these anglers will fish in a manner that is not "ethical". If I am not mistaken aren't you an active member of a certain BC angling association, who is deeply involved with educational angling programs and fighting for the rights of anglers? Does this organization not depend on membership fees to make these actions possible? Is it not important to attract new anglers to local fisheries, who maybe future potential new members of this organization? I have chosen to leave the name of that organization out of this arguement, because you have not meantioned the name in your prior posts on this thread. Not sure why you want to hide it, if your proud of your accomplishments?  ::)

People should be able to post a report if they want to without being pursecuted. It is really not anyone's business if one chooses to post a report. I personally do not post very many reports, thats my choice. If you haven't noticed the population has been increasing steadily in the Lowermainland. It is unlikely that the internet is the sole reason why there are more anglers on local rivers. People just want to get out and fish, whats wrong with that? :P

Your intelligence Rodney?? I hope your not confusing that with experience? you been fishing for what  7 years?? pea mouth chubbing?? and now your a centerpin wielding river god who steers anglers in thy proper light of one so holy. I have never cut any one persons reputation only their actions, and as long as there are concerns on rivers i will defend what i see as right.

Not sure why you thought it was necessary to make a personal attack on Rodney with this post?  ???

"3 Hatchery steelhead today landed by me and my Girlfriend, i hooked all 3 and she landed 2, we killed a 13# doe and a 10# buck, released a 13 # buck"

Cammer, you posted that report under this http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=13431.0  thread last year. Did you not get flamed by other anglers who assumed you did something illegal? Who defended you when that happened, was it not Rodney Hsu? So you kinda know what it feels like to be under fire for a report  :P You even admitted to doing something that is illegal under current regulations and defended the action by saying "I do a lot for the resource    more than 97% on here so i can stand tall amongst my comment made here, I passed my rod off but have almost guaranteed yearly licence revenue(85$) from my GF into the FWFS coffers, so judge away and be prepared cause ill jump down anyones throat that seems to seperate sports fisherman." So your saying that your above the law because of your invovlement with your angling association? I wonder how they feel about this?  ::)

Anyways, I have nothing against you cammer personally. I have fished beside you on many occassions and we have some mutual friends on the river. I understand you are passionate about protecting the fishery on many rivers and its important to educate people on issues of these fisheries. I think alot of people recognize the work you and your angling association do too. However, enforcement is done by the ministry, not by any one, individual, angling association or fishing website.

Okay, this post probably should be moved to General Discussion  8)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:41:13 PM by Chrome Mykiss »