Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rain on the way  (Read 2532 times)

farky

Rain on the way
« on: September 20, 2012, 06:03:12 AM »

Just checking the extended forecast on the weather network, there is rain next week and into October.

Sandy

• Old Timer
Re: Rain on the way
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:09:18 AM »

Jayzuz, I was hopping it would last until next summer. :) damn it sure has helped the bones.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »

Don't worry I looked at the extended forecast which has been revised for the Chilliwack area.  Just a couple of days of rain if that. Then unseasonably warm temperatures to begin the month of October with.  Looks like the dry spell will continue.

Drewhill

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:37 PM »

Don't worry I looked at the extended forecast which has been revised for the Chilliwack area.  Just a couple of days of rain if that. Then unseasonably warm temperatures to begin the month of October with.  Looks like the dry spell will continue.

Once the rain does come those fish are going to be pissed and shoot through pretty darn fast.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »

All depends the surrounding area is so dry around the Vedder that any moisture will be sucked right down into the ground.  Also on some of my fishing trips I have noticed signs of freshly made campfires. Not a good thing to do right now and wish COs would ticket individuals who choose to make campfires in the woods. Incredibly dry out there and one errant spark and just like that we have a forest fire on our hands.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »

Not a good thing to do right now and wish COs would ticket individuals who choose to make campfires in the woods.

CO's aren't the ones that do most of the ticketing for camp fires as far as I'm aware.
Fire Marshall's are in charge of that mostly, and I have seen them out and about this year from the Vedder all the way out to the Skagit.

Should complain about the people smoking too... seen 2 or 3 roadside grass fires out here on the island from careless smokers the past week...
Wouldn't take much more than someone dropping a cigarette out there right now...