Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, June 30th 2014  (Read 1746 times)

RyanB

Capilano River, June 30th 2014
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »

Looks like a decent bump in the water level, should be some more fish around

Went there yesterday, all of the big fish have moved through.  Need another big rain to let the next batch move up.
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
Re: Capilano River, June 30th 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:37:10 PM »

Went there yesterday, all of the big fish have moved through.  Need another big rain to let the next batch move up.

But is a lot of fun fly fishing at the top pool now. Tight line ;)

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »

I was there a couple of days ago and the there was barely any flow to the river. Saw a couple of schools go by in a few hours of fishing but they were locked jawed.  I suspect the super low water level made them a bit spooky.   It didn't help that a guy was wearing neon orange and a pink baseball cap was fishing across the river from me.  Only thing missing is the guy didn't shine high powered laser beams at the fish.  I suspect fly fishers would have had better luck since they can make tiny presentations.

RyanB

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »

I was there a couple of days ago and the there was barely any flow to the river. Saw a couple of schools go by in a few hours of fishing but they were locked jawed.  I suspect the super low water level made them a bit spooky.   It didn't help that a guy was wearing neon orange and a pink baseball cap was fishing across the river from me.  Only thing missing is the guy didn't shine high powered laser beams at the fish.  I suspect fly fishers would have had better luck since they can make tiny presentations.

I used spinners, Colarado blades, spoons, kwikfish, shrimp, plastic scented eggs, and every other lure in my kit and the fish weren't interested in any of it.  I saw a half dozen fly fishers and they didn't get a bite either. 

Moved around to a few pools hoping a couple of fish were sitting in there.  Nothing.

I'm waiting for another rain to try two things I haven't tried yet.  The rain got the water level up to 2 on the kayak cam but it dropped fast and the fish blitzed through.

Only fish I saw caught was by a guy snagging in the rapids near the Cable pool. 
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson