Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Local Fly Tiers - Lux Flies  (Read 1571 times)

salmonid

Local Fly Tiers - Lux Flies
« on: May 05, 2022, 10:20:08 AM »

Hi - I was looking for bucktail flies and placed an order for a bunch with Lux Flies in Nelson BC.

My order went through but I have heard nothing about it in over a month. No response from the contact on their site.

Anyone have experience with this company? Likely there is a good reason but be careful with online retailers!

psd1179

• Old Timer
Re: Local Fly Tiers - Lux Flies
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 01:52:53 PM »

$10 for a buck tail fly? I would not pay more than $1 for that

ReLogic

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 09:25:17 PM »

Looking at the website, it's pretty sketchy.

If you scroll down and see the "reviews", one of them is clearly fake, and the other 2 are placeholders.
The images on the website are taken directly from https://reeladventuresfishing.com/
Not to mention 5-15$ flies

Edit : After doing some more searching, reeladventuresfishing is based in Nelson as well and does mention Lux Flies in their posts. The local town news The Nelson Daily uses their fishing reports on their website so I honestly can't tell you if the website is legit or not.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 09:29:43 PM by ReLogic »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 08:49:13 AM »

The images on the website are taken directly from https://reeladventuresfishing.com/

Reel Adventures has been in business for some years. Contact or phone them and see if they can tell you anything about Lux Flies & who the o/o is. Another possible contact is the Nelson Chamber of Commerce or the Better Business Bureau in Nelson
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

salmonid

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 10:57:04 AM »

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer.

ultimately I was trying to support a local business and its a small industry so i doubt the are trying to actively torpedo their customers.

thanks all for the ideas and comments.

ReLogic

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 03:19:38 PM »

Reel Adventures has been in business for some years. Contact or phone them and see if they can tell you anything about Lux Flies & who the o/o is. Another possible contact is the Nelson Chamber of Commerce or the Better Business Bureau in Nelson

Yeah, I have no problem with Reel Adventures. Although Lux Flies not responding for a month just seems off for a business that is mentioned on their website. Nothing wrong with Reel Adventures, it's on Lux Flies' part

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 03:34:04 PM »

Reach out to Kerry at Reel Adventures, perhaps he can direct you to the right individual who is doing Lux Flies.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 09:14:43 AM »

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer.

Have you paid yet? If so and it was by credit card, it's time for a chargeback. After a month you've been more than patient.

You can always re-order once/if they get their act together