Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going to Rolley Lake and fishing! Need help!  (Read 3577 times)

Selyth

Going to Rolley Lake and fishing! Need help!
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:06:36 PM »

Hey guys my step father and I are going to go camping at Rolley Lake for a few days and we are intending on going fishing as well. We were wondering what types of lures and/or trolls we should use. Note: we will mostly be spin casting and float fishing and a little bit of boat fishing depending on our boat. Please help us out thanks.

doja

Re: Going to Rolley Lake and fishing! Need help!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »

rooster tails work well.

Selyth

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »

Thanks for the reply we have actually had a change of plans we are now going to Woods and Hicks Lake so any info on them would be much appreciated, thanks for the fast reply though!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:06 PM »

All the above mentioned lakes are stocked with Fraser Valley rainbow trout at catchable size so the fishing techniques are pretty much the same at all the lakes. Simply cast and retrieve a small spinner or spoon, or tow it behind a boat if you prefer to troll. The lure should be around 1/8oz or smaller as the fish are not very big (250 to 300g). Add some weights to the line above the lure if needed.

If you're fishing bait, krill, single eggs that you can buy in jars, deli shrimp, dew worm are all excellent choices. Use a float if the water is not too deep (10'), fish on the bottom if the water is quite deep, especially in the middle of the day. Toward the evening time, you will see fish more active on the surface and your chance of catching them is much greater during this period.