Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 18th 2009  (Read 877 times)

Aurora

Tidal Fraser River, September 18th 2009
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:31:42 AM »

This morning I went out to the south Fraser for an hour of fishing before work.  Water level was dropping but the current wasn't too strong yet.  There were a few jumpers but not nearly as many as last night.

I started casting soon after first light and soon got a hit very close to shore.  Saw my line dancing left and right as the fish fought to get rid of the hook.  When I could clearly see the fish it was a rather large Pike Minnow.  Probably the largest I have ever seen.  My guess would be 2 lbs.  After removing the hook the fish dashed off.

I continued to fish until about 7:30 but was not able to entice a pink.  But what a beautiful morning.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 18th 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »

I took a look at #3 Rd. at daybreak and few fish showing.    Checked #5 Rd. and there was a few more.    Went on to Trites Rd. and saw one gentleman with two fish but there was a bit of a chop there so couldn't see if there was anything rolling.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 18th 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:57:58 PM »

Went out to fort langley yesterday from 630am until 830am and lost count of how many my buddy and I brought in - they were THICK, then just like that it died off (had to leave anyway!).
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.