Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 299136 times)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Lots of rain coming down and water is rising. Be surprised if it's even that fishable this weekend considering how long it's been taking to clear up after past rainfalls.

I called Fred's this morning and they said the water is chalky. So I stay home. Too bad.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer

Also,is it possible you slipped over onto the line when you crimped your shot?

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Did you moisten the part where the knot was formed? It can get brittle/damaged if you tie a knot when the line is completely dry.

Haha. Moist.

bigsnag

• Old Timer

I'm calling it the Magic Trick because it was only in the water for 3 swings before it struck gold !!

Edit - The one I got my fish on was the exact same as the picture however I omitted the pink/white Lady Amherst from the pattern.

Nice.......and thanks for sharing.  I thought you decided to fish unweighted flies this year?  If you don't mind me asking, why that decision?

It ain't the roe bro'

Drewhill

No surprise that the river is very high and very brown. Don't think it will be fishable this weekend.

NothingToSnagAbout

No surprise that the river is very high and very brown. Don't think it will be fishable this weekend.
Come on, man. Throw us weekend warriors a bone! Sunday should be better? Stick to the upper?

Drewhill

Lol upper is coloured too. Might clear a bit and drop for Sunday if there's no more rain but I'd be very shocked. I wouldn't bother saturday unless you're using 12" halogen infused pink worms.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

As mentioned above, the river has 0 visibility, I checked at Peach Road a few minutes ago.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

I'll consider it rehearsal then...

HOOK

• Old Timer

Nice.......and thanks for sharing.  I thought you decided to fish unweighted flies this year?  If you don't mind me asking, why that decision?

Unweighted flies swim better in the current and are extremely easier to cast. Proper mending with sink tips can get you plenty deep enough. The eyes on these weigh next to nothing and are there more for effect than weight. I think they may be made from aluminum due to their weightlessness
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

NothingToSnagAbout

How bad is it out there?

Floater

• Old Timer

How bad is it out there?

Water level says the whole story, high as hell but im betting visibility will be enough to fish tomorrow, finding good holding water might be a prob.
[

SPEYMAN

Those "ambush" spots may be the answer.

Drewhill

River was high with about 12"-18" in the upper and almost 0 below tamahi. There was still lots of guys out and most runs were being hit hard. I feel bad for the guys fishing tomorrow as it will probably still be tough conditions and even more of a gong show.

Floater

• Old Timer

River was high with about 12"-18" in the upper and almost 0 below tamahi. There was still lots of guys out and most runs were being hit hard. I feel bad for the guys fishing tomorrow as it will probably still be tough conditions and even more of a gong show.
Its always a gong show.
[