Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 299137 times)

SilverChaser

Got lucky this morning!
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Alexi

this is a hatchery ?

Drewhill

this is a hatchery ?

You're giving a guy a hard time over fish handling skills but you can't tell the difference between a hatch and wild?  ???  :o
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:34:28 PM by Drewhill »

Britguy

• Old Timer

Nice fish and nice smile

hope the river holds out for Wed  :-\hoping to get out there with the fly gear 8)

keep those water reports coming folks ;)

Alexi

You're giving a guy a hard time over fish handling skills but you can't tell the difference between a hatch and wild?

I am not giving nobody a hard time, just an observation, no blaming at all, we all could do better in handling fish...myself included.
That fish looks to me having the fin half cut.

MetalAndFeathers

You're giving a guy a hard time over fish handling skills but you can't tell the difference between a hatch and wild?

I am not giving nobody a hard time, just an observation, no blaming at all, we all could do better in handling fish...myself included.
Hmmmm....  You`re say that this wild steelhead has his fin naturally cut?

Animal Chin

Of the mis-clips that I've come across, they've all been miscut vertically... that is half of the fin "vertically" is missing, or it looks otherwise obviously "unnatural". I've been excited many times by what I though was a hatchery... but upon closer inspection it's a perfectly formed adipose, just really small "horizontally".

I wasn't there but looks like a wild to me.

Congrats silver, nice fish.

OK, sorry...my 2 cents, back to conditions.

farky

Having tailed the fish for him personally, I can assure you the fish is of the hatchery variety, and what you see is in fact the healed scar and not a fin. As for handling of a dead hatchery steelhead, you're doing just fine Silver chaser and tight lines. 

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

That is a nice hatch to me. Thanks for sharing it. Congrats.

243Pete

Nice steel Silverchaser. :)

Alexi

Thanks Silverchaser for posting these 2 fish, we all learn something. After  being skunked for the last 6 trips, you get my heart pumping to head out again !

hrenya

yeah dude . ty for pics , those will keep me motivated to head up to c/v and don`t give up :)
p.s. I know its cold , but I would shake your hand if you would keep those godly looking fishes in a water ... from pics you posted you have waders , go a bit , kneel down and hold it in a water dude . other than that good job :))))

banx

Got lucky this morning!

awesome, looks like your both smiling.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

yeah dude . ty for pics , those will keep me motivated to head up to c/v and don`t give up :)
p.s. I know its cold , but I would shake your hand if you would keep those godly looking fishes in a water ... from pics you posted you have waders , go a bit , kneel down and hold it in a water dude . other than that good job :))))

You want the kid to put the hatchery fish he has killed closer in the water when posing the pic?