Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: pinks caught at cates park August 7th  (Read 6863 times)

Sandhead

Re: pinks caught at cates park August 7th
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »

Was also surprised to see everyone out in full force. Lots of people on the shore and a few boats.

When the pinks enter burrard inlet can you catch them in the shallow flats to the right of the seymour river? At high tide water was less than 10 feet deep. Would be a blast to chuck some flies.
Ain't no HO like a COHO

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:31:35 AM »

Was also surprised to see everyone out in full force. Lots of people on the shore and a few boats.

When the pinks enter burrard inlet can you catch them in the shallow flats to the right of the seymour river? At high tide water was less than 10 feet deep. Would be a blast to chuck some flies.

Yes you can !! but unfortunately you will have to share that spot with every other person in N Van  :-\ it gets very very busy in there !!
the odd pink will work its way past the Maplewood farm area and it is fun to catch them on the fly in the actual river, there is no retention in the river though !!

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

spey

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »

went out there today lots of boats and even more shore anglers but there were very few fish caught and the ones that were caught were hooked in the side  :-\

Sandhead

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »

The pink fishery at cates park is interesting. In past years the fish don't really stick around there for too long. Where do all those fisherman go after that? Back to the fraser?

Went up the seymour and didnt see any action on the fish finder. saw a few people fishing near the railway bridge.
Ain't no HO like a COHO

JoshGuy

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »

Fished from shore for 3 hrs last night without a bite. About 20 others there. I don't see anyone fishing from shore pull in one. The guys in the boats were having better luck. Lots of fish landed. Trouble is the fish seemed to be just out of casting range from shore.

Look out. Brought my belly boat/waders with me at work today. Going to either catch a fish or end up in the strait of georgia on the outward tide!

-JoshGuy!

Sandhead

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »

Did you see that guy with the watermaster? thats a sweet setup
Ain't no HO like a COHO

JoshGuy

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »

Ya, I wish I had $2000+ that I could justify spending on an inflatable. Was tempted to buy a cheap supermarket inflatable but they're likely to capsize if you ever hooked into anything.

If this gets too serious I'll bring down my dad's canoe or beter yet: find a friend with a cabin cruiser!

Anyone need extra deck hands/fishing buddies?!
-JoshGuy!

SnakeRoll

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 10:16:16 AM »

Fished from shore for 3 hrs last night without a bite. About 20 others there. I don't see anyone fishing from shore pull in one. The guys in the boats were having better luck. Lots of fish landed. Trouble is the fish seemed to be just out of casting range from shore.

Look out. Brought my belly boat/waders with me at work today. Going to either catch a fish or end up in the strait of georgia on the outward tide!

why do you think the fish are out of casting range.... too many people bombing stuff at them in one small area. I would move out of the way too if there was 20-30 heavy objects flying in my direction. Spread out... people have this herd mentality when fishing..they see people fishing an area and they think thats the only spot...and so on and so ...then u got yourself a zoo..same goes for rivers too.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 04:57:51 PM »

Bingo !

why do you think the fish are out of casting range.... too many people bombing stuff at them in one small area. I would move out of the way too if there was 20-30 heavy objects flying in my direction. Spread out... people have this herd mentality when fishing..they see people fishing an area and they think thats the only spot...and so on and so ...then u got yourself a zoo..same goes for rivers too.

Fishiefish

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 05:00:18 PM »

Does anyone know when they'll get into rivers? I've always wanted to fish Salmon.

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

Does anyone know when they'll get into rivers? I've always wanted to fish Salmon.

Thet are in now go get um

Sinaran

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »

was at the cates park zoo this evening from 7:30pm to 9pm, tried spoons and buzzbombs to no avail.  fish were jumping but they were just way out of the casting range. there were about 15 fishermen casting from shore, a few of them waded in the water and about 10 boats around from the launch to the light poles!!!   guess what, there were all kind of them, from float tube to canoe to row boat and the regular ones... name it. guys were just desperate after waiting for two years..      ;D     
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 11:40:24 PM »

was at the cates park zoo this evening from 7:30pm to 9pm, tried spoons and buzzbombs to no avail.  fish were jumping but they were just way out of the casting range. there were about 15 fishermen casting from shore, a few of them waded in the water and about 10 boats around from the launch to the light poles!!!   guess what, there were all kind of them, from float tube to canoe to row boat and the regular ones... name it. guys were just desperate after waiting for two years..      ;D    
  :D lol