Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trout beads  (Read 9534 times)

c-pin

Re: Trout beads
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »

I have had great success with rigging a Trout Bead with Wool on a river where there is a Bait Ban for Steelhead and Salmon alike. I use it instead of a Jensen Egg. In fact, sometimes, I've had greater success on Trout Bead than Jensen Egg at times.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »

For those of you fishing beads, How to you set them up?   Its something I've been want to try, But curious setting them up effectively, whether you peg them on the leader away from your hook, or just let them freely slide on your leader.   

I've had good success with a single jenson egg, but i think that the variety of beads in all sizes for all stages of the egg's in water entices me that much.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »

Ian, this isn't a trick question right? I'm thinking the person on the very right, the rest are suspect! It's Thailand after all, you can never be sure! ;)

Yes. You are so right. And they will bite anything .  ;D

riptide

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:38 PM »

Yikes !!! Ian , that photo looks like a promo  left on the cutting room floor from Hangover 2 ... Back to the beads , do they have buoyancy or weight , once again comparing corkies to beads ?

Fishing is not a matter of life or death ...it's more important than that

Ian Forbes

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »

Everybody that knows me also understand that I am always joking around. The 4 transvestites in the picture are what is known as Katoi, or ladyboys... which are a mixed up gender of a woman in a man's body. They are very common in Thailand. Some are very pretty and it is hard to tell unless you know how to spot them.

But, getting back to beads they are just another weapon in an angler's arsenal. Try them occasionally when you know there are fish, but they just won't bite. I was fortunate to be in many places in the 1960s when there were hundreds of steelhead in remote rivers near logging camps. Catching fish was easy, but it also gave me the opportunity to experiment a lot and learn more.

zap brannigan

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 10:08:44 PM »

the plastic ones are kinda neutral but there is a bead called hevi-beads and their made of glass they sink and come in 100's of colours somereally goofy looking some really good looking.

riptide

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »

Thanks Zap , had a lot of success over the years with corkies but always willing to try something new
Fishing is not a matter of life or death ...it's more important than that

Ian Forbes

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »

the plastic ones are kinda neutral but there is a bead called hevi-beads and their made of glass they sink and come in 100's of colours somereally goofy looking some really good looking.

Yup! It STILL comes down to getting your lure (and plastic or glass beads ARE lures) at the depth and places where the fish hold. There are many techniques to get your lure to a fish in the best manner possible. Very often where you stand can make the difference in getting a fish and not getting a fish. Move 10 feet and Bingo! You are into them.